Chapter 29|Ready

Freddi

Thank goodness it was Monday, the last school day before the break! It was almost Thanksgiving and we had a two-week break from school.

On Thanksgiving day, Heather and I were going to meet the guys' parents.

Mrs. Keaton didn't know I was living in the house, let alone in the same room as her biological son.

What if she didn't like me this time? What if she thought I was a slut, or playing all of the boys?What if she wanted me to leave?

Or even worse ... What if she wanted to know why I wasn't living at my home?

"Babygirl she's gonna love you. She did last time and she will now," Axel said, yanking me from my thoughts by placing me on his lap.

Ever since we found out that his mom was coming back to the house, he had been trying to reassure me that I was perfect.

We were in the cafeteria, so we did get the occasional nasty look for being together, but by now most people were just acceptant. However, I think it was made worse by me wearing one of Axel's oversized sweaters, silently laying claim on him.

Savannah and the rest of the bitch trolls were angry, as well as Wesley. Heather was also mildly irritated, but that's just because I broke her dress code rules.

Whatever.

I didn't care. I didn't want to come to school today, so I wasn't going to really make an effort. I wore a pair of leggings, my converse, and Axel's sweater with my the front portion of my hair in two large Bantu knots. Which made Axel say I looked like a puppy, but again whatever.

The sweater was grey, and said, I'M A LADIES MAN. A lot of people actually thought it was pretty cute.

"Okay, well what if you're wrong and she thinks I'm a gold digger that's after her sons," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest and looking down.

"Hey," Axel cooed. I ignored him, sitting on his lap in silence, ignoring his attempts to get my attention.

"Hey." Axel tugged gently on a strand of my hair as I continued to ignore him.

"Heyyy," he dragged the word as he pulled on my hair.

Silence.

"Talk nerdy to me," he said, tilting my head up to look at him.

That was slightly funny. Pouting as I looked into his amused eyes, I relented and gave him a slight smile.

"It doesn't matter what she thinks, she's not the one who is supposed to love you. I am, and I do," Axel said, as he planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"What's up little chihuahua?" Someone asked, causing a bunch of guys to laugh.

Axel's cheeks ever so slightly turned pink and only then did I realize that the question was aimed at me. "What are they talking about?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at Axel.

"What no answer? All bite and no bark?" A different guy asked.

"You know when we... I mean yesterday you..." Why was he so embarrassed?

"Damn Freddi, he must be good if you leaving marks on him like that."

Yesterday... The couch... I bit him... TWICE!