Chapter One

*******Sparrow******

I ran a hand through my hair, pulling it up into a messy bun as I pulled my EMT uniform on. It was going to be a long night, I could feel it. I walked out of the locker room and to the ambulance where Mattie stood, flirting with a blonde nurse. "Okay, lover boy, we got stuff to do. People to save," I patted his shoulder as the woman slipped a piece of paper in his pocket.

"Oh, come on, Sparrow." Mattie whined as we loaded the ambulance. "Did you have to cock block me?"

"Yes," I chuckled. "No sex in the ambulance."

"Damn," I jumped out of my skin as I spun around to see Sniper leaning against the wall. "I'm sure it would be fun, though."

"You better believe it," Mattie laughed but shut up when I sent him a death glare. "I'm gonna go to the front of the ambulance, wouldn't want to miss a call?" He scurried off, a wise idea in this situation.

"What are you-" I looked back at Sniper to see him right in front of me. His body heat radiated off of him, making mine spike dramatically. "Doing here, Sniper?"

"I came to see a friend." He smiled down at me, making my body tingle.

"Well, Avery and Harper don't work this late, so sorry." I slammed the truck doors closed and went to walk away but Sniper gripped my wrist.

"Sparrow," he sighed and I turned to him. "I need to talk to you."

"And I need to go to work." I deadpanned, "Funny how there are things in the way of what we need."

"Jeez, Birdy," he shook his head. Out of everyone I knew he was the only one who called me that and hearing it hurt my heart even more.

"Goodbye, Sniper." I ripped my hand from Sniper's but he caught me around the waist pulling me flush against him. Sniper wasn't always touchy, he seemed to only be that way with me, and it occurred to me that had I asked him to let go he would've.

"I'm sorry, Sparrow." He whispered, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "I hate it when you call me that." He referred to his club name and I knew that he liked it when I called him by his real name, something only I knew.

"Well," I stepped away from his embrace, missing it instantly. "Then you shouldn't have been an ass. Goodbye, Sniper." I climbed into the ambulance and thanked the Heavens that a call came through.

*******Sniper

I clenched my fists as I watched the ambulance drive off, the sirens and lights flickering on. "Damn it," I growled as I spun on my heel and walked back into the hospital. I was stressed, Sparrow being mad at me never felt right to me. I walked down the hall, giving a grin to the nurse who blushed. "Hi, there, doll." She giggled slightly and I could see other nurses looking my way. "I have a friend that checked in a couple hours ago."

"Oh, our visiting hours are over." The nurse leaned on the counter, biting her lip. Sparrow flashed through my head, she used to flirt like that with me. Her scent was still invaded my nose, it was a mixture of coconut and bleach, from her being the hospital a lot. Oddly it mixed well together and made my body ignite.

"I understand," I leaned closer. "But you see, this friend is dating my sister and she's on a business trip. She's worried sick and it's not healthy for her and the baby. I just got in and she won't stop calling, you think I could just peak in to see how it's all going? It'll be our little secret." The woman giggled then pointed me in the direction I needed to go. I walked in and a man lay in a hospital bed, his foot suspended in the air. "Hey, Carl." The man's eyes met mine and he tried reaching for the emergency button. I grabbed it before he could get it. "Now, that's not very nice. Let's have a talk, Carl. You see while I was here you left two of The Hellhounds MC for dead. It's was a while ago, so let's see if you remember." I grabbed his broken leg and he whined. "Do you remember?" He gave a nod and I smiled. "Terrific! Now, tell me, why would Frank betray us like that?"

"Venom's Creed..." He groaned, his collapsed lung making it hard for him to talk. "Made a... Better... Offer."

"Well, shit," I released his leg and shook my head, running a hand through my hair. "Thanks for the help, Carl." I stood and walked out, only to come face to face with a man with brown, greying hair. He looked about J.D. and Liam's age, he looked sort of familiar but I couldn't place him.

"Hello, son," the man smiled as he unbuttoned his black trench coat, a suit underneath. "You know Mr. Tendon?"

"Sister's ex," I shrugged and the man's face fell.

"Really?" He tilted his head. "I'm F.B.I. Special Agent Charlie Williams, mind if I ask you some questions?" Well, fuck! Suddenly the doors came flying open and someone was being pulled in on a gurney, Sparrow on top of him.

"Heart attack, age 43, male, compression started after he flat lined in the bus." Sparrow rattled off as a nurse replaced Sparrow and they rushed the victim past us. Sparrow focused on us, her eyes dilated as the adrenaline washed over her. To me she looked sexy as hell and I could feel my jeans getting a little too tight. She scrunched an eyebrow as she walked over, "Papa? What are you doing here?"

"Hello, Row," the man looked at her, pulling her into a hug. "Got some work to do, that's all."

"What work?" She asked as her eyes landed on me. "Sniper? Why are you still here?"

"You know this man?" Her father seemed stunned and almost angry.

"Uh," she cleared her throat. "Papa this is Sniper, a friend of mine. Sniper this is..."

"F.B.I. Special Agent Charlie Williams, your father." I tried not to over react but it was like someone killed my favorite puppy. "It was nice meeting you, Mr. Williams but it seems like you and your daughter need to catch up and I should head home. Bye, Birdy." I walked out, Sparrow stopping her dad from following me, and I pulled out my phone. "Hey, Carl says that Venom's Creed made Frank a better offer."

"Damn," Pierce sighed. "I hoped it was something else."

"Me too, brother." I climbed on my bike. "Oh, and I met Sparrow's dad."

"When in the hell did you do that?" Pierce asked and I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Just now," I looked to see Sparrow and her dad through the glass doors, they were arguing. "He's the F.B.I. Agent investigating us."