Level Fourteen: A Magical Evening.

re-written on 12.12.17

"I wonder where they'll take us out to eat." Kayla giggled as she wiggled her eyebrows at me. Kayla had finished getting ready and was lounging in my room as I searched through my closet for something cute to wear. Knowing how upscale Ricardo's parents were, I knew they'd take us to some fancy, expensive restaurant where the attire was high class and everything I had was, well, basically bum and casual wear.

I gave a sigh, "I don't have anything to wear." I announced with defeat.

I heard Kayla say, "I highly doubt it, Claire, you're probably not looking hard enough. I've seen the shit your brother's designer has sent you to test out."

It made a light bulb go off in my head, "Oh yeah," I dragged out as I went into the furthest corner of my closet where there was a built in with clothes from my brother's clothing line—like Kayla said, my brother's design team liked to send me clothing to try out and give my opinion on since my brother trusted my judgment the most. I always included Kayla's opinion since she was a fashion diva.

I mean, this girl's bible was the movie The Devil Wears Prada for crying out loud.

Kayla sauntered in and watched as I ripped through the drawers and hangers to see if there was anything I liked. I mean, I liked everything which is why I kept them, but, I meant liked enough to wear to an outing with Ricardo's parents. "What about that white jumper?" Kayla pulled out a very pretty white, low-cut jumper with spaghetti straps, "Don't blow dry your hair tonight, so, your curls will come out and since you hate doing your hair," She gives me a dry look and I grin at her in response, "Just leave it down but only because you recently cut your hair, which I don't understand why you never let your hair grow out."

I rarely let my hair grow past the top of my breasts—I didn't like having long hair and Kayla had a good point. I hated doing my hair because I was such a lazy ass, having short hair just made my life easier.

"Sounds good enough for me but it will get cold later in the night." I said taking the hanger with the jumper from her.

Kayla shooed me off, "I'll find something. You go change and I'll also pick out some shoes for you because let's call out the elephant in room, okay? Your fashion sense sucks dick." Kayla snickered as she gazed around in my closet. She was also right with her last comment. I had a huge closet filled with clothes and I only wore probably not even a quarter of it. I always wore the same outfit—some nice tee shirt, skinny jeans, and some vans or Nike shoes.

"I won't comment on that remark." I chuckled as I went into the bedroom and towards my bathroom, only to find Minnie sitting on my bed with Satan and flipping through the channels on my T.V. "When did you guys get in?" I questioned with bewilderment, I honestly didn't hear them come in. "Isn't Edgar supposed to pick you up?" I added to Satan.

"He's running late because he had to go back to the warehouse to fix some boxing issues or something." Satan remarked with an eye roll, "But he's on his way now."

"That's cute, by the way." Minnie commented eyeing the fabric hanging from the hanger I was carrying.

"Thanks!" Kayla called from the closet before emerging out of it, "I have shoes and jacket and why aren't you already in your jumper?" She demanded hotly with a glare. I grin sheepishly at her before rushing into the bathroom and changing into the jumper with haste, because I knew that bitch wouldn't hesitate to barge in and strip me down and put the dress on me.

I walked out of the bathroom only to have some nice, white heels and a black blazer shoved in my face, "Ricardo's already pulling the SUV out and Edgar is already here." Kayla gave me a glare that it was time to hurry the hell up because she hated being late for shit. Danny was hauling her backpack over her shoulders and rushing over to give me a kiss on the cheek.