Level Eighteen: You Reap What You Sow

re-written on 02.02.18

That night, I did go back to the house. Exposing the darkest part of my life to my room-mates felt liberating and I felt, like, a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Edgar did say he was going to dig into the whereabouts of Tristan and have someone keep an eye on the guy, until Edgar felt content that Tristan wouldn't screw with me. My stomach was still processing the Chinese food I stuffed myself with a few hours ago, and my stomach felt so bloated. I did not want to move as I laid on my bed, watching some random show on Hulu.

Danny had opted to sleep over Edgar's since Edgar was going to Danny's school for career day. It was getting late; probably about midnight or something, and it seemed like sleep was evading me. The house seemed quiet and I had classes tomorrow, but it was impossible for me to sleep. I was tired, I felt it in my very bones, but my mind seemed to chatter endlessly and I couldn't stop it.

With a grunt of annoyance, I threw my covers off my body and got out of bed. I wonder if Ricardo was awake...he tended to stay up late doing...whatever men like Ricardo do at this hour. I slipped on a pair of black shorts, since I liked sleeping in just a shirt. I stumbled out of my room and peered into the dimly lit hallway. I heard someone downstairs watching television but then I heard their voice and realized it wasn't Ricardo but Kayla.

She must be staying up late making some outfit from scratch or something. I looked navigated through the halls until I found Ricardo's room at the end. I didn't see any light emitting from the bottom of his door but I tentatively knocked and hoped he was awake.

A few seconds passed, I didn't hear anything from the other side of the door. I was tempted to knock again but it Ricardo was asleep, I would let him sleep. Just as I was about to turn around and go back into my room, I heard shuffling and the door to his room opening.

Ricardo was wearing black shorts and a navy shirt looking wide-awake. "Claire." Ricardo spoke looking surprised to see me at his door, "Don't you have class in a few hours?" He questioned with an arched eyebrow.

I angled my body towards him and shifted nervously on my feet, "I couldn't sleep." I confessed quietly.

Ricardo smiled, "I can fix that." Ricardo stepped away from his door and beckoned me to come into his room. I smiled in thanks and went inside his lair. His room was neat, tidy, and very organized. It was a typical guy's room with darker, masculine colors and with a large, comfortable bed. Rustic and cozy furniture adorned the room and it smelled like...hazelnuts?

My eyes flickered around his eyes in quick succession and saw the candle in the corner, lit up and fueling the cozy aroma. Ricardo closed his door, gently grabbed my hand, and guided me to his large bed. "Is it weird that earlier, I wished that you would come to my room to sleep with me?" Ricardo mused thoughtfully.

I stared at our joint hands with a light blush, "Really?" I ask lowly as he let me get into his bed first. I climbed in and felt the cold sheets caress my warm skin and realize he must've been doing studying or something. I scooted over onto the other side of the bed and watched with wide eyes as Ricardo swiped off his shirt. His very nice body caused me to shyly look away because...well, I don't think I've ever had a guy take off his shirt so fluidly like he did.

Was that weird?

Could someone take off their shirt fluidly?

Well, Ricardo did.

Geez, I was so love-struck towards this guy. Ricardo slipped into the bed and wiggled his arm under the pillow behind me and looked at me with a quirked eyebrow. The message was clear and I giggled as I scooted over towards him and curled against his side, draping an arm lazily over his chest, and lying my face on his shoulder.