Chapter Five

Prussia held onto Canada, trying to help ease the pain as he ran his fingers through the golden locks. Everyone was quiet, talking about the dangers of leaving Heart with Mathieu, making to two parents of the nation grow tense. Russia stood up slowly and walked over to the window to see Mathieu carrying Heart towards the house. He had a few scrapes and bruises, but Russia’s heart leapt at the sight of his little girl. Her arm was coated in blood, and she looked so worn out, her bare feet were torn up not too horribly, just enough to know she wouldn’t feel like walking much the next day. But she was breathing.

Russia opened the door before Matt even had the chance to knock, “I-I’m sorry I couldn’t protect her better…” were the first words Matt spoke. And Russia smiled down at him reassuringly.

“I'm sorry I doubted you before, Mathieu,” Russia told him, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room who all looked at the door like a bunch of dogs who heard the food bag shake. “How is she?”

“S-safe…” he panted, “and its understandable…”

Her small pale form shivered and moved closer to Matt, and Russia quickly ushered them in, taking off his coat to drape over Heart’s sleeping form.

Heart was quickly fussed over, but some how Mathieu made it to the couch to sit down and wrap Heart up a bit better, letting her rest her head on his shoulder. He glanced at Prussia with a look that said “don’t you dare come near her or I will rip you to shreds”.

“S-sorry…” was all Prussia said before sulking next to Canada.

Heart moaned a little as the countries started fighting around them, her nose scrunched up as she blinked the sleep from her eyes. Matt sighed softly, “Go back to sleep, Valentine…you need to rest…”

She blinked a few more times before looking up at Matt, her good eye a bright violet, and she let out a small shrill squeak, “M-Matt?!” with her face turning pink as she took in his long blonde hair, violet eyes, almost indifferent look on his face, and she was trying so hard not to make herself look like a fangirl, which she will never admit that she is a fangirl, but she is, secretly she blames Kiku.

His eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly, “W-Wait.... Y-You can see me....?”

By now, she was almost as red as his shirt, and all she could manage was a nod. “Oh thank god…” he whispered, relief filling his voice as he hugged her tightly.

It proved to be a little bit too much for her because the next minute there was purple fog and a white bunny with little pink cheeks on his lap, which quickly hid under Russia’s coat. Matt chuckled as he heard in Heart’s soft but high pitched voice; “Omgomgomgomgomg...”

“S-shut up!” she said, but it came out in a high pitched squeal no one could take seriously, making him laugh a little more. She peeked out from under Russia’s coat, and looked up at the blonde.

“Wh-what?” he stuttered slightly nervous as she looked him up and down.

“N-nothing…” Heart mumbled before poofing back to normal and wrapping herself up tightly in Russia’s coat. Canada leaned against Prussia, and Heart and Mattie glared at each other. She then flipped him off blatantly at the same time Canada did.

“You two stop it!” Hungary commanded, “Seriously!”

“He/she started it!” the two shouted, both forgetting about their injuries and pain as they glared at each other.

Matt sighed, and picked up Heart silently and threw her over his shoulder as she shouted random curses at Canada who did the same thing back to her, this then led to more arguing from all the countries.