Chapter Six

Russia smiled at the wolf who rolled over onto her paws shaking her fur, “Nice to see you Fao. Heart went to her room, and you should visit Russia more often...”

“Well I would, if it wasn't for all of the bear-sized hunters out to hang my head on a wall…” Fao said, stretching as yelling filled the room and Prussia stared at the stairway leading upstairs, unsure of what to do.

“Last time you said they were like flies to a horse...” Russia chuckled at the gold eyed canine who rolls her eyes.

“Welp. I. Best be getting to heart. By Russia~!” Fao sang, changing the subject and trotting off down the long winding hall as Prussia stood up and made his way up the stairs.

____________

Heart was rummaging around for something decent to wear. OTHER than the frilly pink dress she found. She would never wear those things again if she could help it. She found a pair of black leather pants and a corset which she silently thanked the gods for, and a pair of red stilettos. She looked in her full length mirror, taking in the sight of her now cleaned wounds, and bruises, before running a brush through her hair and braiding it quickly, despite the fact her hair curl popped out, unable to hide in the rest of the hair.

She was a bit paler than normal, but she pushed it aside, and stepped out into the hall. She spotted Matt, and sat down next to him happily. He smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder quietly.

____________

Canada set his glasses on the nightstand and painfully slid into the bed he rested on earlier. He groaned softly, and closed his eyes trying to drift off, unaware of the blue and pink eyes peering in at him through the window.

A few minutes later, quiet snores filled the room, and a maniacal grin covered Oliver’s face as he wiggled the window enough to be able to break the already weak lock on the window, and silently entered the room and locked the door as Prussia walked down the hall toward the room.

Oliver smiled as he approached the injured man on the bed and picked him up roughly.

“M-Mattie...I know that you're mad...B-but none of us want to see you get hurt worse...I...I just don't want to lose you again…” Prussia said through the door jolting Matthew from his sleep, helped by the none too gentle way Oliver was handling his already broken body. Before Canada could call out for help from his lover, a cloth was placed over his mouth, and a minute later, he rested limply in Oliver’s arms.

“M-Mattie?” Prussia asked, jiggling the door knob frantically as Oliver escaped through the window with the blonde Canadian. “MATTIE!”

___________

Heart sighed softly, “I want us to make it out of this...together...” she whispered, holding Mathieu’s hand.

“I promise to keep you safe and sound,” he whispered before kissing the top of her head tenderly.

“I love you, Matt.” Heart breathed with a content smile, despite all the chaos that had engulfed her world, Mathieu’s presence made everything seem to fade away and be all right.

“Je t'aime...” Matt replied tenderly, closing his eyes briefly, memorizing how it felt to be holding her.

Heart tightened her hand around his, and leaned upwards kissing him gently and sweetly as Fao rounded the corner to see the two. After a few moments lost in their own world, Heart notices Fao staring with an open mouth. “F-Fao?!”

_____________

Germany rushed upstairs the moment he hears Prussia’s frantic screams and pleads. “Vhat's vrong Prussia?” he asked the frantic albino.