2.

"Give me one of your strawberries," Brooklyn demanded, dangling her fork in the general direction of Lacie's plate.

Lacie let out a huffy sigh and lifted her breakfast up high enough so that Brooklyn could stab her fork into the fruit. "Only because you had a shitty night."

The girls were sitting in the dining hall with the rest of the popular girls at RPC. They would prefer to sit by themselves, but the school denied Brooklyn's request of a single table with only four seats. This would have to do.

"Bad night?" one of the girls, asked. Brooklyn recognized her as Carly, who was captain of the dance team. "I thought you were planning on surprising Michael," she said, smirking and wiggling her eyebrows.

Just hearing his name made Brooklyn practically shake with anger. She made herself look at Diana who was innocently spooning some yogurt into her mouth. "Nope," she responded, popping the 'p'. "I decided not to go, last minute."

Carly looked confused. "But Luca said-"

Brooklyn held her fork up as a signal for Carly to shut it. "I decided to stay in. I went to some spa and they used some product with almonds in it."

Carly nodded in sympathy. Most of the school knew about Brooklyn's allergy. It seemed to be the only flaw in Brooklyn's life.

Elena let out a loud snort, causing the table to look at her. Elena glanced up, sensing the spotlight on her. Brooklyn wanted to chuck the remaining of her breakfast at Elena's face. That girl was always trying to steal the spotlight.

"Oh, I'm just laughing because Brookie's face exploded in hives. It was quite a sight."

That was it. Brooklyn threw a watermelon slice at Elena, which bounced off her forehead and slid down all the way to her jeans, leaving a wet mark.

The table erupted in laughter, which made Brooklyn's spirits raise a little.

She took advantage of everyone not paying attention to her anymore, leaning over to her side to speak with Diana.

"How was the party?" she whispered, just loud enough for Diana to hear.

Diana looked up in surprise, but quickly hid it with a sweet smile. "It was alright. I had a good time."

That was enough to make Brooklyn want to slap the girl. But she didn't. She knew that everything would fall into place on Friday night, the date the girls chose to exact revenge on Diana. Thinking about it made Brooklyn a little giddy.

After school ended, Brooklyn and Serena drove up "borrowing" Elena's Range Rover to Saint Julius. She knew that on Wednesdays Michael had tutoring. Now that the truth was out to Brooklyn about him and Diana, she wondered just what else he was lying to her about.

"Ooh, I feel so bad," Serena giggled, skipping through the vacant hallways of Saint Julius. During after school hours, girls weren't allowed on campus.

Brooklyn discreetly rolled her eyes. Out of their group, Serena was definitely the goody-goody. Sometimes Brooklyn called her 'prig' just to get under her skin. Serena was raised in an uptight household with strict Indian parents and smart-alec older siblings. They sent Serena to an all-girls school just because they believed Serena wouldn't have any access to guys. Little did they know.

The duo made a beeline to the school's library. It was difficult to find their way, considering that neither of them had much experience on the campus. They knew the way around the dorms, not the actual campus.

After getting lost a few times, they finally found it in a separate building.

Brooklyn wasn't even surprised when she found Michael not in the library, but standing outside of it with his buddies sans his book bag.