3.

A/N: Quick warning: this chapter is graphic. It contains a lot of violence and themes of bullying. I'll do a quick summary of what happens at the end of the chapter. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The bell rang signalling that it was the end of the school day, and thus, the beginning of part one of Brooklyn's scheme of revenge.

The girls went straight to the football field of Saint Julius. Lacrosse practices were basically a social event that Brooklyn and the rest of the A-listers liked to attend. One could watch the guys work out (sometimes they went shirtless) plus chat with their friends in the bleachers.

Brooklyn stalked up the stairs, her friends trailing behind her in a single file line. "Right here?" Brooklyn asked her friends, standing right above Diana, Carly, and a few other girls.

Diana gulped and visibly paled when she saw Brooklyn.

"Hey guys," Diana greeted them, giving a halfhearted wave.

"Hi Diana," Elena purred, offering her a sweet smile.

Diana turned around and watched the guys doing their laps on the track surrounding the field, which was normally used for football games.

Brooklyn leaned behind Serena and Elena to whisper to Lacie. "Is everything all set up?" she asked, trying not to sneeze with the overwhelming scent of Elena's perfume. What was that stuff?

"Yes. I skipped all my morning classes just to do it," Lacie confirmed, with a little edge of annoyance in her voice.

But Brooklyn couldn't spare any time to worry about Lacie and her grumpiness. All would be worth it in just a few hours.

Innocently, Brooklyn tapped four times on Diana's shoulders. "Sorry, could you move a bit? I can't really see what's happening."

Obliging, Diana shifted down a bit just to accommodate her.

After the practice was over, the girls were saying goodbye to their friends on the team or chatting about the upcoming party.

Out of the corner of Brooklyn's eye, she saw someone familiar. She quickly recognized him as the guy who spilled his drink on her at the party. The guy was wearing a regular fitted t-shirt, shorts with a duffle bag with his lacrosse stick thrown over his shoulder. He was talking to Lacie, clearly having a serious conversation.

Of course that just made Brooklyn even more curious as to what her friend Lacie and the guy who ruined her outfit at the party had in common.

"Hey," Brooklyn said, worming her way into the conversation.

Lacie looked bored and the guy looked freaked out. "Um, hi. I don't think we've met-"

Brooklyn held up her hand, palm facing him, as a signal to shut up. "Save it. I remember you from the party last week when you spilled your drink all over me. Whatever. I'm in a good mood right now, so I guess I forgive you."

The guy's lips quirked into a hesitant smirk, which Brooklyn thought was pretty darn attractive on him. "Alright, then. I'm Chris Warren."

"Brooklyn Milani. But I'm sure you knew that," she introduced herself, giving him her perfect "alpha-stare". She turned back to Lacie. "Anyways, Lace. Let's go or we're gonna be late," she commanded, grabbing Lacie's arm and steering her towards Elena's car. She didn't even look back at Chris.

While the two were walking to the car, Brooklyn tightened her grip on Lacie. "What were you guys talking about?" she asked, trying to sound nonchalant.