Chapter 10

Victoria had to admit; she had never felt this outraged. It seemed, she was feeling far more lately than she was used to--but then, she was used to a calm life where she only dreamed of such adventures she was embarking on now, though this was most definitely one she would've preferred to avoid, her sister being abducted. But, never the less, she acknowledged her anger and welcomed it, even if it disappointed her so, having had listened in on Jack's and Gibbs' conversation. It seemed that the pirate had, after all, decided to stick to his own plans, with no care of who was a part of it and who got hurt along the way.
     "Give me one good reason," Victoria said, fuming, slender fingers still wrapped around the simple dining knife she had lodged into the table between the two men, "not to tell Will."
     "Not to tell Will what?" Jack asked innocently as he slowly set his mug of ale down.
     "Don't play that with me," she said, yanking the knife out and pointing at him with it, placing one hand flat on the table as she leaned over it somewhat, eyes blazing. Though intimidating, her fire seemed to light one of Jack's own as he eyed her--the man paying no heed to her simple weapon--giving her a look that made her falter before she shook her head and reminded herself of what she had overheard. Her head tilted to the side as she sneered at him. "You plan on handing Will over, don't you? For whatever reasons, I will not allow it."
     Though Gibbs looked very uncomfortable and looked away from Victoria, Jack only smiled and leaned forward somewhat. "Do you want to save your sister, or don't you?"
     "Not like this!" she hissed, throwing a glance at Will, who was still preoccupied with watching everyone in the bar, and when she looked back at Jack she was surprised to see that he had scooted his chair closer, and lifted the blade hesitantly at him again. "There has to be another way." She shook her head, moving to step back. "We need to discuss it with Will."
     Before she could move a foot, Jack had lashed out and snatched her wrist, whirling her around and forcing her onto his lap, her back pressed--for what felt to be the millionth time--against his chest, and just as she began to yelp from surprise his other hand slid over her mouth, muffling the sound. Almost on instinct, she swung the blade the best she could towards him, but he quickly let go of her other wrist and grabbed that one instead, knocking her hand against the table a couple of times until she was forced to let go, the knife clattering across the table, where Gibbs watched the both of them with wide eyes. Victoria's nostrils flared, angered that she could be so easily maneuvered, sure that it would be the death of her one day, should she never prep herself for any form of counter attack.
     "Now listen here, sweetheart," Jack said into her ear, voice low, breath fanning across her cheek. Even his lips brushed her ear, causing her to shiver somewhat, and as she did she felt something hard on his lap, making her eyes widen. Was that- "Relax, Victoria," he said with a chuckle. "That's just the hilt of my sword." She felt a wave of relief wash over her, though also mild disappointment, and he was polite enough to shift her so she was sitting on his thighs instead, and suddenly his face was beside hers, both of her wrists locked in one of his hands, her mouth still covered. "We could tell Will about what you overheard Gibbs and I discussing, which could result in a possibility of an endless mess that leads to not saving your sister, or we could keep quiet until the right time. Savvy?" He seemed to hesitate, then said, "Will you be quiet of I uncover your mouth?"
     Victoria, watching him from the corners of her eyes, nodded the best she could, sucking in a breath when he released her mouth, though he didn't do the same with her wrists, keeping her pinned on his lap. Her cheeks flushed even more when she caught Gibbs himself blushing as he attempted to distract himself from watching the two--very much as if bashful he was letting Jack handle her in such a way--and she turned her face a little more so she could see Jack better.
     "I swear to god," she said, voice low as well, though hers threatening, as she stared him straight in the eyes, "if I do not get my sister back, and if anything happens to Will-" She cast a nod down at his weapon. "-I'll use your sword to skewer you like a pig." Though determined, she wasn't actually sure she could bring herself to do such a thing.
     If anything, his eyes lit with excitement, and his eyes flickered from her eyes, down, and back again as he grinned. "That, I'm sure you will." He paused, then lifted his free hand to her face, leaning forward a little so they were facing each other more, his hand splayed out on the side of her neck, a few of his fingers on her chin and cheek, the motion making her blush. Much to her surprise, the grip on her wrists had loosened. "Tell me, Victoria... Have you ever been kissed by a pirate?" Suddenly, his eyes were drooping and his lips were nearing hers.
     She shoved herself off of his lap as her eyes widened from his question as well as his actions following, finding it surprising that he had allowed for her to do so so easily, and she spun around to face him. "Do not mock me."
     He smiled cheerfully. "No mocking is being done, my darling."
     "I'll be sure to believe that when your deal with Will goes accordingly," she snapped, and though she wanted to fan herself from how heated she had become she resisted, throwing a glance Will's way and blushing furthermore when she noticed him watching her with narrowed eyes. She quickly turned back, and jumped when she found Jack standing right in front of her, one arm crossed and the other lifted as he tapped his chin and eyed her thoughtfully. Nevertheless, she held her ground, thrusting her chin out haughtily.
     "You ought to trust me, Victoria," he said, eyes flashing brightly, as he lowered his hand from his face, grinning. He reached out, grabbing a strand of her hair and twirling it absently. "Things will run...more smoothly that way."
     She smacked his hand away. "It would be foolish to trust a pirate." Without another word, she turned and stormed away, ignoring whatever look Gibbs and Will were burning into her back.
Despite how loud it was, she was still able to catch Jack's quiet, "That it would."