Chapter 19

Within the darkness of the ocean floor, which was none too far from the surface, surrounding that island, moonlight filtered through the waters, allowing for a sight that would not soon be forgotten. Barbossa's crew, corpses of the Black Pearl, marched across the sandy bottom, a look of determination as well as excitement written across many of their skeletal features. As they reached the ship, however, skin replaced their bones when the shadows concealed their features, and instead of such terrifying expressions they looked far more somber.
     Just outside of the caves, where Norrington and his men awaited, all unaware of the nightmares that had passed below them, a rowboat with two unseemly figures sat within. When all of the soldiers quickly raised their weapons, all uncertain of the scene before them, Norrington quickly raised his arm and said, "Hold fire." Despite how suspicious it was, and how the two figures on the little rowboat were actually Pintel and his pal, to him and the rest the two looked like apparently innocent women.

     The one-eyed pirate with the fake eye, Ragetti, Pintel's friend, looked more than happy with what they were set to do, grinning wildly as the other pirate rowed the boat. "This is just like what the Greeks done at Troy. 'Cept they was in a horse, instead of dresses. Wooden horse." He didn't notice Pintel rolling his eyes, his back turned to the brutish man, and he continued.
     Back at the ship, where the skeleton army had been marching, many of them held daggers between their teeth, the rest deciding they would simply draw whichever weapon they so desired once they reached their destination, and they all began to climb the ropes of which hung from the ship, making a silent ascend.
     Outside of the captain's room, where Elizabeth and Victoria had been thrown, the Governor--their father, clasped his hands together and nodded at a guard. "Moment, please?" Without another word, the guard ducked his head from beneath the ceiling above, and marched away. "Elizabeth?" Swann called before knocking on the door, knuckle rapping against the fogged glass. "Victoria, sweetheart?" This, of course, was simply him gathering their attention and letting them know it was him, smiling somewhat upon his thoughts. "I just want you to know that I--uh... I believe you made a very good decision today. Victoria, I mean, of course--though you, Elizabeth, I'm sure are happy for her."
     Within the room, the two young women gave each other raised brows, something that held an irritated expression, before they turned back to their escape plan. Whatever it was that they had been hoping their father would say, this was not bound to be one of them. Especially if it was to be him speaking of his joy over the engagement.
     "Couldn't be more proud of you," he continued. "But, you know, even a good decision, if made for the wrong reasons, can be a wrong decision."
     Victoria's head whirled to face the doors, brows even more raised, though this time it was a look of surprise, her bright eyes taking in the blurry form behind the glass.
     "Sister, come," Elizabeth hissed, gaining her attention, and she grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the window.
     Just along the edges of the ship, the cursed men crept up onto deck, finding points where they would go unnoticed, as silent as the very air itself. The crew of the Dauntless simply paced around, all waiting for Norrington and the rest of the men to appear, or simply awaiting any sign that they should attack.
     One of the men aboard that ship spotted something a distance away, something that made him look twice, and he slowly walked towards the railing. "Lieutenant?"

     Gillette turned to the attention of the man, looking in the direction that he was, and gave a slight chuckle when he saw what looked to be a rowboat with two women within. Was the moonlight playing tricks on their eyes? To be sure, he pulled out his scope, raising it to his eye. Unfortunately, it didn't give him a close enough look to make out their features, though it also didn't help that the umbrellas and fans they had in their hands was in the way.

     "Yoo-hoo!" one of them called excitedly, waving a fan.

     During the distraction, the crew of corpses snuck entirely onto the ship now, weapons held at the ready.