{2} - b l i n d

i was obsessed.

i couldn't stop playing the scene over and over in my head-- her mesmerizing blue irises intent on tearing apart my narcissistic front. elise hadn't exactly altered the mask, but she surely left quite the mark.

each day felt like a passing dream. with her on my mind, i honestly couldn't get myself to focus on trivial things like class. i was determined to find out who she was; what she liked, what she disliked; who she loved; who she hated.

though that last one was a bit of a no-brainer.

however, there was no evidence of her existence. no one knew who i was even talking about. the precise details about her i gave my classmates were just words spilling from my lips. elise was nowhere to be found.

and that made me so much more determined.

volleyball and iwa-chan were the only two things that kept me going. i hadn't gone to practice since the encounter, but i realized that it might take my mind off of her.

coming from aoba johsai- the infamous powerhouse, i was immediately made captain of my college volleyball team, despite my age.

as always, iwa-chan followed. he was a fantastic volleyball player as well, and was promoted to vice captain accordingly. i was happy he was by my side.

practice went by in a flash- the team congregated and cheered. the scent of sweat filled the air as they all rushed to the showers. i preferred the shower at the dorms, so i bid them farewell and headed out, iwaizumi trailing behind me.

we were dorm buddies after all.

recently, he had started acting sort of strange. he stopped calling me names, he stopped lecturing me- he even stopped looking me in the eye. i was lost in thought when iwaizumi broke the silence.

"are you bringing over that girl over again sometime soon? she was probably the most interesting you've ever brought to the dorms,"

he said, and i could almost hear a faint hint of distaste in his tone. he chuckled, and my stomach twisted a little inside. his laughs always made me feel happy.

"finally you approve of my women, iwa-chan,"

i announced as i skipped ahead,

"maybe you should bring over some girls so i could scream at you for months about it."

"not a chance, shittykawa. you'd just spread your pheromones all over her. i'd feel bad if i ever did that to a girl."

"that's so cruel, iwa-chan."

we just talked about our usual things again, but there was something odd in the air between us.

"wake up, trashykawa. you're the one who organized this damn meeting. get the hell up!"

iwaizumi violently shook me and i lazily opened my eyes,

"what time is it?"

"time for you to get the hell up, tooru!"

i froze. it didn't show on my face, but him calling me by my given name woke me up in seconds. iwaizumi was seething as i read the clock. it was ten minutes past the initial start of the volleyball game i had organized with the girls' team the day prior. panic took hold of me, and i shot out of bed.

i flew. i flew everywhere. iwaizumi watched with amusement.

we both ran to the gymnasium, an angry group huddled next to the entrance.