Chapter 57

It had been one week since Tom and Nathan had words. It was Sunday, their day to meet as friends and drink beers at O'Reilly's.

Siva and Max looked at one another when they saw the look of disappointment on Tom's face when he saw Nathan had not come.

"Hey mate." Siva said trying to lift the spirits.

Tom looked like he hadn't slept in days. His hair was in disarray, stubble on his face and circles under his eyes.

"Let me get you a beer buddy." Max said then waved the waitress over.

"Is he coming?" Tom asked knowing the answer.

Siva slowly shook his head no.

Tom frowned. "Is he okay at least?"

Siva nodded.

"That is all that matters then."

Max put his hand on Tom's shoulder. "Hey, are you still going to come to my championship game?"

Tom looked conflicted. "I mean I want to, but is Nathan going?"

Max rolled his eyes. "Is this what life is going to be like now?!"

Tom looked down.

"Is Tom going to be there? Is Nathan going? I just want to be with my friends dammit!"

"Calm down Max." Siva said trying to stop things from escalating.

"I'm sorry okay. I fucked everything up." Tom admitted.

"You just did what you thought was right." Siva said.

"Can't you just apologize?" Max said.

He had no idea how much Tom had hurt Nathan.

Tom shook his head. "I tried. Don't you think I tried? I've called, gone to his flat. Hell, I even went down to the Tribune and was escorted out by security I might add."

Max nodded. "Ok then. So I guess we will make due."

"I could bow out."

Siva and Max looked at Tom like he was mental. "Stop that. We can be friends with both of you." Siva said.

"Yeah, mate. We can work it out."

Tom felt relief. "Thanks cause I really need you guys."

Max gave him a hug and a kiss on the side of the head.

Nathan was at his desk when he received a text message from Curls.

Text from Curls: Dinner at my place? 7?

Text from Nathan: Sounds delicious.

Although things were weird without Tom, Nathan was so happy this past week with Curls.

They spent almost everyday together and every night. He would receive texts during the day about missing him, thinking of him and loving him. The only thing missing was being able to talk about it with his best friend.

Nathan tried to get these thoughts out of his head. His best friend almost cost him happiness. He needed to remind himself of that.

When he arrived at Jay's flat, he rang the doorbell.

Nathan's heart skipped a beat seeing his love standing there, holding a glass of wine in just a tight white v-neck t shirt, jeans and barefoot. "Wow."

Curls smirked. "Same goes for you." He said then leaned in and pressed his lips to Nathan's.

A kiss that was meant to just be a sweet soft kiss got a bit more passionate.

"Ugh I missed you." Curls said then pushed Nathan against the wall and kicked the door shut.

He leaned into Nathan's neck and began placing slow seductive kisses there.

Nathan's eyes closed and he tilted his head back. "Baby, I missed you too."

Jay quickly found his lips again and kissed him. "You taste so good." He said between kisses.

Nathan moaned into the kiss. "Forget dinner. Take me inside."

Curls smiled and bit on his bottom lip and sucked it. "Dinner first and then..." he said leaning in closer to Nathan's ear. "...then I promise to take care of you...all over...all night."

Nathan felt a chill run through his entire body. "Oh god."

Curls winked at him then headed back over to the kitchen. "Okay, well I made pasta."

"Looks delicious."

Curls poured him a glass of wine.

Nathan sat on a stool at the center isle and took the glass.

"How is the column going?" Jay asked as he stirred the sauce.

Nathan shrugged. "Have a bit of writer's block. Hoping to get out of it soon."

"Taste this." Jay said holding the spoon before Nathan. "It's hot be careful."

Nathan smiled at his concern then blew on it to cool it off. He took a taste then had a pained expression on his face.

"Oh god I fucked it up."

Nathan laughed. "I'm just kidding. It is quite tasty. Thank you, love."

Curls smiled clearly proud of himself. "That was mean by the way."

Nathan laughed softly.

Curls noticed that Nathan was lost in thought. "You okay?"

Nathan nodded then took a sip of wine. "Fine, just tired."

"So um...have you spoken to Tom at all?"

"James, we've been over this."

Curls nodded. "Yes, I know that, but..."

"No buts okay?"

Curls nodded.