Chapter Eleven

Quick Note: I felt the song fit for the type of bar this is hehe. I wrote most of this buzzed from alcohol myself last night and think it came out really well. I hope you all enjoy it too. Luckily, it wasn't too difficult to read my own handwriting typing it up today hahaha. Enjoy =D

*

*

Tonight, I am going out for drinks. My enthusiasm about it surprised me. Suzanne didn’t seem too thrilled that I accepted her invitation, but I didn’t care what she thought. A few other girls from the office were going as well. I didn’t know them very well, but we have crossed paths.

I am just glad for the break. I invited Stacy, unfortunately she couldn’t make it due to a promise she made to Kenneth for some event he needed to attend for work. I was determined to be friendly with Suzanne since I got the feeling she did not like me much and especially after Stacy had informed me of her crush on Eddie. I didn’t understand why she would dislike me over it.

My mood is light though and I have a smile on my face as I get ready. We were going to a local bar down at the boat docks. It wasn’t one I usually went to with Stacy, but according to Suzanne a lot of business types went to this one apparently a local favorite of the suits. Should be fun to go to a new place, new people…my spirits lifted further.

The dress I chose felt ‘bar’ appropriate. After yesterday’s self-consciousness about my work attire I felt better about my choice tonight. Thank god I didn’t have to worry about intense brown eyes on me tonight so I could relax.

Pleased with my appearance, I slipped on some light silver jewelry to offset the silver sparkles in the sheer burgundy material. The strapless bodice showed off my curves and I didn’t mind the sex appeal it showed. I couldn’t help feeling giddy to be playing dress up and going out where no one would really recognize me. I would be meeting Suzanne and the other girls at the bar and it was almost time to leave.

Boxer waddles over to me and sat down on the rug in my bathroom staring up at me.

“What do you think?” I asked him turning around to give the pet the full 360 degree view. Call me silly, but I loved my dog and always talked to him as a person. Boxer grumbled at me shifting on his paws then gave me a little bark.

“Good, glad you approve. It will be nice not having to worry about work or therapy for once…” My voice trailed off as I spoke.

I looked back in the mirror for any final touches as I thought back to the week’s events. The horrible day I had before therapy, the closeness and heat I felt from Evan reaching for my purse. Goosebumps rose on my arm and neck.

Then there was that terrible awkwardness and ghastly behavior of both Evan and Eddie in my office. The whole scenario made me laugh a little; they were like two dogs trying to mark their territory. Both would probably hear some words from me. Though I was not sure how I would do so to Evan, he couldn’t possibly have been jealous just being a…man.

I rolled my eyes and left the bathroom, my nude colored heels clacking away on the tile.

“Don’t wait up for me,” I told Boxer grabbing my little clutch purse with just the basics, keys and my wallet and left my apartment. I loved the cool salty breeze of the fall air in September. I didn’t bring a little sweater because I grew up in the bay area. I didn’t feel cold plus any alcohol I consume tonight will warm me up either way.

I drove leisurely to the boat dock bar feeling relaxed. Even sang along with the music playing on the radio. A modern pop hit, not really my style, but it has a catchy tune. I giggled because the song seemed to match the description Suzanne gave me of this place.