Chapter Forty-Six

Quick Note: Here is another interesting one for you all. I promise all this intensity is almost over hehehe. Don't forget to check out the external link below the cover to the right if you want to help get this published. It would be my first publishing debut! Id appreciate any help. =D No I didn't make the site myself a dear friend of mine did surpirsing me and whom this chapter is dedicated to @KimFry! She believes in me and my writing. Please also check out her stories Scream For Him which won the wattys in 2012 in horror/mystery/thriller and her newest book Wrong Side of the Fence. She also has a short story published on amazon in a compliation book called 'Library of Dreams'!

*

*

Evan’s POV

*

For the second time today, I slam my car door shut. I am meeting Eddie at his place of work in the parking lot…where Sonja works. The memory of our first kiss here floats in my mind.

There are not many cars in the lot, being it is New Year’s Day, but some still work whether it’s a holiday or not. The emotional state I have been in, I wouldn’t have been able to work and I’m supposed to return to it tomorrow. How will I be able to focus on anything but getting my Sonja back safely?

I see Eddie waving to me a few cars down and I quickly pace over to him.

“Have you gotten any information?” I ask as we both climb into his car.

“There was a stop at Sonja’s old address or near it that he traced they stayed there for a while.”

I nodded buckling in my seatbelt.

“What is the plan?” Eddie asks.

“Follow the trace.”

“Okay but it does take time, they might not be where the trace says as I get the updates, hopefully we catch a break and they linger in one spot long enough to catch up,” he pulls out of the parking lot.

“We have to try,” I grumble.

I almost wanted to laugh. What are the odds that it is now Eddie and me out searching for Sonja? I told Kenneth and Stacy that I had to stop at my place and check in with Kyle. They didn’t know I could just check in with him via a phone call. Stacy protested me leaving and being alone, but Kenneth assured her that I would need some time to myself through all this.

Eddie drove quietly through town towards the most recent location. I didn’t really have anything to talk to the man about so I kept quiet. He is a means to an end. Besides, I am consumed with my own worry and need to find her. I wanted to kill the son of a bitch.

What could have short circuited in his brain? I know love can cause people to do crazy things. This wasn’t love with Jerry. It was obsession, control, because of something that is wrong with him or his life. He should have been the one in therapy not Sonja. I doubted it would have done any good.

“Who is this connection of yours?” I ask as he pulled up to an apartment building that I didn’t recognize.

Eddie smirks. “An old hacker buddy that I knew in college before I got the company.”

“Is he reliable?” I ask as we got out of the car.

“Oh yes, he’s my boss now.”

I raise an eyebrow. No wonder he’s cocky about his position.

“So he just made you CEO because you know each other?” I chide him.

“Nah, I had to work for it believe me…this way,” Eddie leads me down the sidewalk and stops in front of an apartment.