Chapter Four: Hygiene

*Always wash your hands before applying makeup or skincare. Avoid touching your face unless you are cleansing or applying makeup.

*Never over-cleanse your skin. When cleansing, apply a small amount  of the wash onto the palm of your hand and work it up into a foam (this warms up the cleanser, allowing the cleanser to spread more easily and be more effective). Once the cleanser is warmed up, apply the cleanser onto the center of your face. Apply with circular motions (this allows the cleanser to reach deep into your pores). Do not rub too harshly. Be sure to rub over the entire face, starting from the nose, cheeks, down to the mouth area, chin, up along the sides of the face, temples, brows, and to the forehead. Be careful not to get any into your eyes. Massage the cleanser for at least 30 seconds. Rinse with lukewarm water. (NEVER USE HOT WATER, for it will cause your skin to become inflamed and red;  pimples may even swell.)

*Wash only 2 times a day (morning and night).

*Change bedsheets/pillowcases every 2 months. While you sleep at night with your face against the pillow, germs, dirt, and oil may get trapped within your bedsheets. Be sure to change them every 2 months. Even better, do not sleep on your side.

*Be aware of what your skin may come in contact with: cellphones, pillowcases, hands. Avoid having contact with anything that might bring unwanted dirt, oil, and bacteria onto your face.

*Always wash off makeup before going to bed.