Chapter 1: Unanswered Questions

(Hermione: POV)

"Noone, how disappointing" Snapes boring yet lingering voice made me tire from holding my hand up.  "Please Sir, an animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice, with each hormone the body transforms, and he no longer remembers who he is, would kill his friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." Everyone chuckled as Draco howled, I looked at him, to see his silver eyes already looking into mine, except they weren't full of hatred and he was smiling, he kept the contact for a bit too long until Snape said sarcastically "Thank you, Mr. Malfoy." I could then hear his voice turning to me complaining about me knowing everything, but I wasn't listening, I was looking at my desk, fumbling with my fingers my head had started to feel a bit warm. I heard Ron agree with Snape, something I thought never possible, and it only made me angry, at a 'friend' who was supposed to be supporting me. My eyes snapped back into focus as Ron snorted "What are you looking at Malfoy?" I looked at Rons disgusted face then to look back at Draco. He had hatred in his eyes this time, but they weren't directed at me, they were directed at a freckled boy with ginger hair. 

The lesson went as usual with Snapes classes, Harry and Ron raced out leaving me behind, I was quite happy, I wanted to be alone and I was annoyed with Ron. Just before I was about to go down the steps, my eyes scanned the room normally, but then caught sight of the blonde hair that belonged to none other than Draco Malfoy, who was currently kissing a girl that I couldn't see properly. I quickly rushed down the stairs, unable to stop making the brushing noises as my shoes colided with the cold concrete steps. I felt stuffy and trapped as I was battling out to figure out what kind of feeling was rushing through me, and I could tell I didn't like it. The rest of the night, I sat in my bed thinking about him, and cringing with hatred as I thought about the other girl, thinking so much about why I was jealous. Why should I be? I start twiddling with my time turner under the covers until I fall asleep, It still locked in my grasp. 

I woke up and after taking all my lessons, going back in time, then to do homework, I was finally looking foward to the Quidditch game. I made my way with Ron, him oblivious to the fact that I was annoyed with him. We made our way to the Gryffindor stand. and, as everyone talked as we waited for the two teams, my eyes wondered to see Draco smiling at me. Smiling, I turned away pretending not to see him. I stared at the floor lost in thought, oblivious that Harry was falling, I snapped back into reality as everyone screamed. 

After Dumbledore saved him, he sent the dementors off. Ron and everyone else, left either back to their commonroom, to their team mates to talk about it except for everyone else who rushed over to see Harry, I tried to make my way through all of the people but everyone was pushing and rushing, I decided just to wait. As it gradualy clears, I quickly run down the steps, hoping Harry is alright, wait of course he is alright, when isn't he alright. My foot trips over the back of my heel, that is has just taken the last step and I close my eyes waiting for the impact between me and the cold floor. Instead of hitting something hard, something catches me, their warm arms helping me up, as I feel the blood rushing back through me I stutter "Sorry I- Malfoy." I look up astonished, as he slowly lets go of me. He smiled and I was getting very mad "Why are you smiling at me!" I shouted feeling my cheeks going crimson for somewhat clueless reason. Dracos face had turned from cheerful to confused. "You can remember every fact in every book, but not last night?" what is he playing at, all he did was smile yesterday. "Well by the looks of your face, I guess you dont want to, Hermione." He looks into my eyes, and I can't diciepher any emotion on his face before he walks away, it sounded as if he was, wait was it capable? Hurt! I was still trying to figure out what he was talking about, He had never called me by my first name, it was either Granger or Mudblood, and It was never in a pleasant voice, yet alone friendly. By the time I got to Harry, I found out everything was okay, so I headed up towards the Gryffindor common room, when I remembered something about last night, not about Malfoy but about Harry asking where Professor Lupin was, and how we had skipped many topics and stopped at the one, all of it could give a explanation, but I was uncertain, I had to find out before I made any assumptions. 

I grasp the time turner that is laced around my neck, I turn it back around 8 turns, and find myself still as many students zooming backwards, in then back out the room until it stops. I look at a clock on one of the walls, and figure out that the time is four minutes before my lesson with Snape, who was taking over for Professor Lupin. I had to make sure before I made any accusations that what I thought was true and not just a theory. I rushed towards the door, and looked into Snapes classroom, as once again Harry asked where Proffesor Lupin was, yes I was certain. Lupins boggart confirmed it, it all makes sense. I hid behind the door in a small area which nobody could have seen me. I waited there, waiting for the lesson to be over and for all the students to leave, giving me plenty of time to think on the one thing that was unanswered. Draco.