five

dan

"you're the worst man i've ever met! i can't believe i married you, and had two kids with you!" my mom screams.

"you're the worst woman ever! those kids deserve a better mom because you lack everything a mom is supposed to have!" i feel myself getting angry. my mom is the best mom.

i'm running through the halls and into the living room. my dad and mom are in the living room, angrily glaring at each other from across the room.

"daniel, go to your room." my dad says. i ignore him and rush to my mom. her face softens as she quietly tells me to go back upstairs.

"d*mn it, dan, i said go to your room!" my dad shouts, slamming his hands on the table nearby.

"don't tell me what to do when your marriage is falling apart and you can't properly talk to a woman!" i shout back. he advances towards me but i stand where i am in front of my mom.

she's crying and begging him to leave me alone and for me to just go upstairs.

"don't you dare talk to me like that, i'll knock your teeth down your throat." he hisses.

"then do it." i say, equally as angry. my brother makes an appearance in the corner. i make eye contact and shake my head. he walks back to his room.

i'm being tossed to the side. my face slams into the floor and i groan, rolling over. i look up. my dad is staring at me and my mom takes this opportunity to hit him.

and i'm gone. i'm running as fast as i can down the street, not really caring that some people were staring at me.

i find myself in a park, near the garden area. i walk beside them and look at them, hoping they'd calm me down.

"hello!" a chirpy voice says. i look over at the voice. a familiar boy with black hair stands beside some of bushes. i recall knowing him from somewhere but i just can't remember.

"hi there," i reply softly. he walks a little closer.

"they look so pretty, huh? i'm phil, by the way."

"i'm dan. and they are very pretty."

silence falls over us for a moment. i grab my phone, which is miraculously still in my pocket. i open the camera and take a picture of the flowers before me. two shutters go off, but i just assume that i'd actually taken two, accidentally.

"hopefully i'll see you around here sometime soon.." phil says.

i nod.