nine

dan

i have a dozen banana brand boxes in my car and i'm pulling into the parking lot of this nice apartment complex. phil is waiting outside, smiling. i notice his undertale t-shirt.

he helps me carry in the boxes after we say hello. their apartment is nice, like those houses that you can't believe anyone actually lives in. phil guides me to his room, or their room. it's just as clean as the rest of this place, all straight edges and neatness.

"so.. i don't really know what else i'm supposed to take other than my clothes and the necessities." he admits, blushing in the dim lighting. i tilt my head from side to side, thinking.

"the way i figure it is, if you bought it, it's yours." phil nods at my words and starts opening drawers.

he pulls out weird t-shirt after weird t-shirt, all folded and sets them into the box beside him.

"can you go into the bathroom and grab the soaps and stuff that's mine?" he lists off all the things in there that are his.

hours later, he has all his stuff in boxes and now just has to figure out where to go.

"my friend pj says that his extra bedroom is currently available, as long as i'm willing to deal with his pet cat that permanently fixates itself either on the bed or under it." he giggles as he reads the text back to me.

"do you need a ride there? i'll be more than willing to, you know, give you a ride." i offer, messing with my hair a little. phil shuffles his feet and nods.

i help him load up his boxes, pushing them as far back into the back of my trunk as possible, then loading the backseat.

time passes of little conversations in the car, with the car radio playing mindless music in the background.

after i meet pj and everything's all said and done, i'm driving home. i put aux cord in and started my playlist. a few songs came through, until a song i heard a while ago came on. 'ilusm' by gnash.