six

dan

i had to tell my friends about the really cute boy at the park.

who's also the boy that tripped over me while playing pokemon go.

connor and troye both agreed to keep an eye out for a lovely looking boy with jet black hair and brilliant blue eyes.

i sort of want to return to the park, just to see if he'd be there.

things with my parents died down. no one really talked about it. my dad apologized for yelling, my mom apologized for having me get involved.

the good thing is they haven't fought anymore, but they also are really tense.

oh well.

"dan? meet me at the library, now. i'm not saying anymore, trust me. just get here." connor hangs up before i can say anything.

i arrive at the library in around five minutes. connor texts me and tells me to meet him in the teen fantasy section. i quietly walk past the librarian sitting at a desk in the teen area, separating legos by color.

connor's looking around, searching for someone i presume.

"why am i here?" i ask when i reach him.

"look, i think i might've found that guy you were talking about! phil, was it?" he says as he stands on his tiptoes, as if that'll help him see over the tops of the tall bookshelves.

"okay, where was he?" i calmly ask. i'm pretty sure the librarian would start getting suspicious when two practically adult men are frantically searching for someone in the teen section. guess it's better than the little kids section.

"he's currently in the anime section, i believe. go!" connor shoves me out of the fantasy section and towards the rows of anime manga.

i try and talk myself down, telling myself to chill out and be calm.

i nonchalantly wander into the aisle, looking at all the selections. phil has a copy of death note in his hands, the third one, and looks preoccupied. i suppose i'll have to strike up conversation first.

"that's really good. death note, i mean." i blurt out. he jumps and looks over at me.

"oh, yeah it is. i forgot i was even in the library, i've been reading this." he blushes and closes the book.

"phil, yeah?"

"yeah. dan?"

"yeah."

"cool."

we start talking about anime and basically the both of us being huge weeaboos. i forget that connor was probably still standing in the aisle two away from us, i'm enjoying the conversation so much.

"can i get your number?" i suddenly ask on a surge of bravery. phil smiles and nods. i mentally let out a breath of relief.

he takes my phone carefully and types in his number, then hands me his.

i type the number, then make my contact name as 'anime boy'. only after we both left did i realize he had put his as 'sunflower field'.