Monitor (Chapter 5)~Aphmau's Not-So-Real Brother

A A R O N ' S       P O V 

"The baby's coming."

   Those words rang in my ears. The words echoed in my head, playing over and over again in my ears. Two emotions had washed over me. Happiness and fright. 

   I was afraid of being a father, but was glad that it was mine. Mixed emotions, frankly. "Aaron! What're you doing? Get a doctor!" Zane scolded, knocking my abruptly from my thoughts. 

   I looked over them and see Aphmau sitting on the floor, breathing heavily. Zane and Vylad were crouched down by her, trying to give her comfort. For some reason, now it was only Vylad, Katelyn, Zane, Aphmau and myself. Laurance, Garroth and Dante were in the room with Travis. 

   "Go get a doctor or I'll get one myself!" Katelyn growled. I tore my feet from the ground and bolted down the hallway. "Doctor. . . Doctor! Somebody! Help me! My wife! She's--" I started, my words jumbling together involuntarily. 

   Doctors rushed past me, "Giving birth, we know. We'll get her." A doctor said. Thank Irene. . . I thought as I followed the doctors back to Aphmau. All I could do was hope that she'd be ok. . .

Z A N E ' S     P O V

   We heard Aaron's calls for help, then the chatter of other people. Doctors came rushing in. Aphmau screeched in agonizing pain as the doctors hoisted her up. Somebody held Katelyn back (the reason was unknown to me) but let Aaron and I through. 

   As we reached the hospital room, a doctor stopped and looked Aaron and I up and down. "Who's the father?" She asked. "Me." Aaron answered. "Him." I added. "Ok, the blue eyed one needs to stay here. The other one can come in." I glanced at Aaron. Aaron and I exchanged quick nods, then he ran into the room.

   I heard Aphmau scream in pain, "Can I go in please?" I pleaded. "What are you to her?" The doctor questioned. I couldn't just say her best friend. She wouldn't let me in. "I'm her brother!" I exclaimed. I mean, nobody could tell that we don't look much alike. 

   Aphmau could just have spray tan and I could have my dad's blue eye. Perfect. The doctor looked at me suspiciously for a moment, "Fine, come in." The doctor had let me in. 

  Aaron glanced at me suspiciously. "Why're you here?" Aaron asked, "How're you here?" He added. "Told them I was Aph's brother. Go with it." I stated.

(a/n: you don't have to read this part of you don't want to but smch. I'll tell you when if you do skip this part.) 

Aaron ran over to Aphmau as he heard her screams. Aphmau looked at me, "Zane?!" She questioned. I rushed over to her and grabbed her other hand. 

   "Tha-Thanks for--" Aphmau screeched, "Coming, Nugget(a/n: cringing at self bcuz i called zane a nugget)." She finished. Aphmau squeezed both, Aaron and mine's hand. 

   She screamed. Aaron's hand started to turn purple as mine started to become red. Aphmau yelled out in pain once again, sweat dribbling down her forehead. 

   She squeezed harder on our hands. "Push!" The doctor exclaimed. Aphmau screamed one last time. 

(a/n: if you didn't read that part I think it's okie now) 

   There's the cry of a baby. Tears of joy stream down Aaron's cheeks. I decided to walk out and let them do their thing (since I'm not and never will be Aphmau's brother).

   As I'm at the door, I took a quick glance back and see a small newborn child in Aphmau's arms. "What do you want to name him?" The doctor asked, Aphmau's pain obviously subsiding.

   Aphmau and Aaron made eye contact, "Daniel." I smiled as they told the doctor the chosen name of their child. "Daniel it is." The doctor said. Aphmau looked at me, a genuine smile on her face.    

   "Thank you." She mouthed. I nodded in response, then turned my head and walked out. I closed the door behind me. 

   A smile crept onto to myself as I leaned against the wooden door, remembering the peacefulness and pure joy that was on Aphmau's face as she held her child for the first time.

   "Welcome to the world, Daniel." I heard Aphmau say. "We love you..." Aphmau added. My smile grew, then I walked away.