Monitor (Chapter 6)~Happy Endings Don't Exist

-edited-

a/n: Hey, Duckies! This will be the last chapter of this book. this was meant to only be a short story. So... Here we are!

Also, happy birthday to @fanggirl709 . This chapter is dedicated to her, and it will also have her OC in it.

So... Yea! Enjoy! ~Car

****

Z A N E ' S P O V

   I walked away from the birth room of Daniel (Aphmau and Aaron's baby). Garroth bolted past me, shoes in his hands, "DANIEL, I GOT YOUR WHITE VANS!" He shouted as he ran down the hall at the speed of lightning.

   "Again, with the memes, Garroth!" Laurance exclaimed as he chased after him. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk, a small smile under my mask.

   I made my way over to the others. "We need Dr.Vasquez in the room of Travis Valcrum please. His heart rate is dropping violently. Please report to the room of Travis Valcrum immediately. Room of Travis Valcrum." Dr.Temmie's voice rang over the intercom, it sparking my attention.

   I glanced down the hall, it seeming to get longer and longer by the second. Travis' room seemed to get father away from me. It was an allusion, but to me, it felt so real.

   I shook off the mind games and jogged down the hall. A doctor with pale skin and blonde hair rushed into the room, a brunette ombré following after her.

"Get out of here, Green." The first doctor ordered. "He's my patient as well, let's just take care of him and ignore each other." Dr.Green suggests. The unknown doctor shuffles her shoulders around a bit, then goes to working on Travis.

All I could do was hope he's be ok . . .

*excuse author while she has a coughing fit*

****

• A     F E W      M I N U T E S    L A T E R •

• T H I R D    P E R S O N •

   "Is he ok?" Zane asked as the two irritated doctored leave the room. As they left the room, both of the doctors turned the lights off and shut the door.

   "What's going on?" Zane questioned, worry evident on his face and tone. Dr.Green glanced at Zane with a sorrowful look. "I'm afraid something bad has happened, Mr.Ro'Meave." Dr.Green started. Zane's eyes widened, "What happened?" He asks, worried and confused. 

   "Travis Valcrum has passed away..." Dr.Green informed somberly. Zane's jaw dropped slightly as the whole room fell into an eerie silence, not one word being spoken from anyone's mouth.

   After a small while, Zane cleared his throat, glancing at his friends, "How're we going to tell Dante?" Zane asked. Dante had ran off behind Laurance when they were chasing Garroth.

   There's a small gasp from behind Zane. "T-Travis' dead?" Dante questioned. Dr.Vasquez glanced at Dante, "Yes, Sir. He's passed." She answered.

   Dante's eyes grew glossy, tears filling his eyes. "I-I'll be back..." Dante bolted away, tears streaming down his face.

   Once Dr.Green caught sight of powdered blue hair, she called out for the female, "Katelyn!" She exclaimed. The blue eyed beauty glanced at Dr.Green, oblivious to the previous events. "Yes?" She asked.

   "Travis Valcrum, an obvious friend... He passed away unexpectedly." Dr.Green informed.

*author writes whole chapter in notes and accidentally deletes it all while trying to copy and paste*

WHY ME

I GIVE UP!!!!!!

Not actually I have to finish this.

   Katelyn's jaw dropped slightly as her breath hitched, "I'm going to miss his flirting... His charm... His smile... His voice..." Katelyn listed off just a few of Travis' good qualities.

   "How'd he pass?" Zane asked reluctantly, butting into the conversation. "Heart failure." Dr.Vasquez answered.

   "I never realized how much I--" Katelyn got cut off by a loud sob. "T-T-Travis... H-He's dead?!" Garroth questioned, him choking on his tears, causing a stutter. Laurance's jaw quivered, him holding back his retched emotions.

   Laurance wrapped his arms around Garroth, trying to be some sort of a support system. Dante glided off to the restroom, needed a second to collect himself.

   "I-If you'll excuse me... I need a moment to myself." Katelyn then scurried off, in desperate need of a moment alone. Zane gulped, then left the room suddenly.

   He walked out into the cold air, where snow threatened to fall. Zane placed himself on the side curb.

   Zane's aching emotions were released as tears flowed down his face violently.

   Zane took a breath, a small puff of steam making it's way through the fabric of his mask.

   His chapped lips parted slightly,

   "I guess not all stories have happy endings..."

****

A/N: happy birthday to the girl this is dedicated for! ^•^

Byeee! ~Car

P.S. sorry for late update

P.P.S. This is the last chapter! Thank you all for reading! Tell me what you thought of this book. Bye! ~Car

CAST:

Dr.Jared: xXDiamondJXx
Dr.Temmie: Lil_Marsh
Dr.Blu: Lizzy_Miles
Dr.Vasquez: @fanggirl709
Dr.Green: me.