Chapter 6: I Love You, I Love You Not

Lights smiled as she looked over to Hannah and she pulled the straw from her lips, a drop from her smoothie hanging off her gorgeous pout and Lights studied her face. Hannah's eyes on Lights. "Oh dear, Hannah let me get that." Lights grabbed a napkin but Hannah shook her head and she leaned in to close the space between them, kissing her. Lights melted into the kiss but as soon as they were getting hot and passionate Hannah was ripped away. In a flash of light, Hannah was gone and Lights had to blink so she could see. She had disappeared from the table and was walking away hand-in-hand with Oliver. Lights frowned watching her lover leave. "Hannah!" She called but her voice just wasn't loud enough.

Lights blinked her eyes open she had fallen asleep again in the studio. From all that fun last night she was tired as fuck and her head was pounding from the drinks. She had gotten right up when Oli came in to wake her and she had went with him to work to record a song with him. All they needed to do was add her vocals. She was supposed to be listening to the track but she kept falling asleep. "Lights, did you hear that one at all?" Oli asked, turning to her and she took the headphones from her head, rubbing her eyes. "Some of it.. I'm sorry, Oliver. I'm just so tired from last night." She yawned. "Give it another go, I got this." Oliver nodded, a bit annoyed but he wasn't too pissed or anything and clicked the replay button. Lights made sure to pay attention this time, really digging this one. "You'll come in at the end. This one's called Crucify Me." She nodded and then the song changed. "This is Don't Go. You'll sing the lyrics we had talked about." He rolled his chair over to grab a notepad and passed it to her. She sat up in the black chair that lined the wall, picking her head up from the ledge to read it over. Oli began singing it softly when the part popped up and Lights engraved the tune into her mind. Giving him a thumbs up when she got it. "Alright I'll play that last part of Crucify Me again and those lyrics are right at the bottom." She nodded, listening and caught the tune. Right, easy. "Alright let's go." She smiled getting up from her chair and walked into the booth, sitting on the barstool and she placed her headphones back on, leaning into the mic. Oli started up the song again and she began to sing.

I am the ocean, I am the sea

There is a world inside of me

I am the ocean, I am the sea

There is a world inside of me

I am the ocean, I am the sea

There is a world inside of me

I am the ocean, I am the sea

There is a world inside of me

"Perfect!" Oli said and she heard him in the headphones and she nodded, giving him a thumbs up. Oli walked into the booth this time with a mic of his own, he forgot there was a bit more to this song and he handed Lights a few more lyrics. He then gave a thumbs up to a guy on the other side of the glass and the other track started up. Lights tuned in again, feeling the music really heavily this time. She could tell this song was very emotional and she couldn't wait to perform either one with BMTH. Her part came up and she began again.

If I let you in, you'd just want out.

If I tell you the truth, you'd vie for a lie.

If I spilt my guts, it would make a mess we can't clean up.

If you follow me, you will only get lost.

If you try to get closer, we'll only lose touch.