More like Filipino Savages!

During the initial battle ensued between Filipinos and Americans, it told that bravery was once number one culminated among the fighting Filipinos even their weapons were no match. Aside from their admiration, there were also reports of acts of barbarism did by the Filipinos themselves to the Americans. Among were firing on Red Cross-marked field hospitals, looting, ambushing, mutilation of  Dr. Harry Young, and more acts like savages. Many American contigents in the war particularly outraged of these racism, so called yet.

But several newspapers counteracted saying:

"During their battles with the Spaniards, they were more punctilious than were their enemies in their adherance to the tactics of civilized nations... All the Spaniards who fel into the hands of the Filipinos spoke in the highest terms of the treatment they received from their captors."

A South Dakota report described the Filipinos:

"Lower class Filipinos as being 'cunning, suspicious, treacherous and cruel,' and they are worse than the southern negro for petty thievery."

In the words of Benito Legarda, Jr - a supposed result of three hundred years of Spanish.

But in the same report also described:

"A higher class, fairly numerous, well educated, living in good houses, who are merchants, lawyers, doctors, dentists...They are very similar to the higher class Japanese, and are recognized socially by Spanish, English, and Americans as equals. They are ambitious and desire independence, and it is from that class Aguinaldo has most of his officers."

Definitely, loyalty as they were but we can't deny the truth of our skin that we had ancestors truly loved the liberty worth fighting for.