TMHTLY (A Hermione Granger Love Story) ... 7

A/N: [Edited 1/30/2016] I just want all of you to know that when I originally wrote this, computers were usually only home PCs and the occasional laptop if you had a bit more money. I had to ask my parents to use the home PC to write this. I'm old. Gross.

Teach Me How to Love You (A Hermione Granger Love Story)

Chapter 7: Secretive Like A Booger

----------| Luna's POV |------------

She wouldn't blab. All through the day, I'd been dropping hints, wanting to know everything that had gone down last night in the Tower. I didn't want to intrude, however. The fact that Hermione was keeping secrets from me, her best friend, was mind-blowing. Hermione had always liked the no-secrets rule between girls. 'Mi would blab about how her crotch hurt during her period, how stupid and sticky lipgloss made kissing, and when she planned to do The Dirty Deed with Ronald.

She'd been avoiding and hiding this from me. Late in the night she came back with an outfit picked out for her date with Caden, mumbling something about 'tights' and 'stupid ass Zabini.' Her tone hadn't been harsh, however, yet tinged in, dare I say, a level of fondness. It made me anxious and worried at the same time. Anxious to know and worried for her sanity, which was bridging on out-of-whack.

It melted my waxed fruits that she wouldn't spill about her chat with Blaise. I'd tried squeezing answers out of her and him, but to no avail, I couldn't get any. Blaise had been vague, smirking the entire time, with a new glint in his eye. I knew he had something to get out this shebang; I just hadn't had the time to scold him for it quite yet. Blaise had a way of doing things, even if his ways weren't always acceptable in society. Hermione, on the other hand, had scowled and ran to the loo.

What in the world happened on the Tower last night?

-----------| Hermione's POV | Previous Night |--------------

The look on Zabini's face said I would regret questioning his motives. There was a fifty/fifty chance of this turning out good or bad. Placing my bets high would be best, most reasonable option. If I believed that, in the end, Zabini couldn't possibly torture me too much, I could overcome this and be on top of the situation. I had to take the optimal route in order to get what I wanted: Caden. Right now my gut was telling me that the only way I could get that was to do as my archenemy told me to. How messed up does that sound?

I give a stiff nod. My grip on my bag loosens a bit, shifting to one hand. The other is held out, offering. My eyes bore into his, daring him to not take it. He had to take it. With this agreement, even if it was with a Slytherin, I would be able to get the man of my dreams. The chances of getting the guy were minimal at best.

Zabini didn't grab it.

"Well?" I huffed after second of him staring at my hand. Was it really that hard of a concept? You would think he'd be the smart one in the group. "Are you going to shake or not?"

He blinked, "I'm just assessing our deal a little, no need to be anxious."

"Honestly!" came my exasperated voice, under my breath. I grabbed his hand and folded my hand into his. The callous of his palm against mine was different, not entirely distasteful. His whole hand encompassed mine. My hand felt so small. "There." I extract my hand quickly, my fingers burning as hotly as my face.

Whipping his hand back, he scratched it along his trousers. Zabini then grumbles something about "muggles."

"What will I have to do for you, Zabini?"

"All in due time."

I could've shoved him off the Tower.

=======

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess