TMHTLY (A Hermione Granger Love Story) ... 8

A/N: [Edited 1/30/2016] Going back through this is a special kind of torture.

Teach Me How to Love You (A Hermione Granger Love Story)

Chapter 8: Tsk, Tsk, Think of the Consequences!

It was four in the morning when the first letter came to me. Late into the night I chatted with Zabini about the deal. After he had so kindly told me of my faults in each outfit I had thought was nice, he'd claimed that classic was the key.

In denim jeans, a thick—but cute—sweater-shirt, a light jacket and thin mittens, I stood waiting for Caden to meet me. Under the arch, the sky looked beautiful. Clouds billowed, forming funny creatures, and the bench beside me looked like a block of solid snow. Crystal ice hung off of trees and there was a festive air to Hogwarts. Christmas season had continuously been my favorite time of the year, no matter what happened around it. Hogwarts had always gone all out for every holiday imaginable, but Christmas seemed to be the best. Even the few Slytherins looked to be in better moods around the joyful season. Their sneers were less harsh and their insults fewer to none.

Sighing, though, I couldn't get myself to be happy about all the decorations and good tidings. In my pocket was the letter, mocking me by plunging its intricately folded self into my stomach. Earlier that morning an owl had tapped noisily on my window pane. The stupid bugger had the nerve to bite me at four in the freakin' morning! A neon blue Band-Aid now covered the fresh cut on my hand. Yanking the letter out, I read it again, still not completely believing it all.

Date: 12/19/2011

Granger,

Task #1: Blow Bone off.

Consequence: Extra Credit Question #56

-BZ

He wanted me to blow Caden off! To ditch him on our first date! How—how could I do that? Caden was such a sweet guy and too nice to be blown off on our first outing together. I realize how that sounds so very, well, sexual, as I'm sure Zabini intended it. I had initially laughed at his wording not processing its true meaning. It wasn't as simple as it would seem though. I was the one to ask him out. How rude of me would it be to just cut him down just like that?

The consequence were steep: question number fifty-six. I shudder at the thought of everyone knowing that. Especially that Zabini would be willing to use that against me. I was so whacked out that even Luna was picking up on it. She'd cornered me six times today, and it's only one in the afternoon! Every time I thought of telling her, Zabini's threat popped into my head. I had asked him the obvious questions, such as if I was allowed to have a friend as an accomplice.

His answer? "Tsk, tsk, think of the consequences!"

Which led me to believe that if I told someone, even Luna, the results would be annihilating on my social life, however minimal it may be. Then there was the fact that I had a secret hanging over my head, one that I never had wanted to share. If I hadn't been in such a desperate situation as to want extra credit, this wouldn't be such a hard decision. Zabini wouldn't even know it in the first place!

He wouldn't really tell right?

Blaise wasn't so cold-hearted as to tell everyone one of my deepest darkest secrets.

I hope so, because hell if I'm going to blow Caden off today.

=======

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess