Chapter 1| Yes, No, Maybe?

"I remember when you was around 7 or 8 I told your mama something was wrong with you but she didn't believe me." Kayla shook her head as she continued to look at a pair of earrings that were calling her name. Blaze had dragged her out to the jewelry store with him to buy Denim's ring since he knew his aunt was the only person who wouldn't go running her mouth.

Blaze's face turned up as he looked over at his aunt "what kinda shit is that to say?"

"Some real shit, only a crazy man i.e. you, would think to propose to a woman after the bullshit you put that girl through" Kayla could only shake her head at her nephew.

"I'm not trying to hurt her."

"So why not just to be together for a while see how it works?"

Blaze turned so that he was fully facing Kayla "auntie I'm in love with Denim, I'm not gone love no other woman the way I do her. she got my heart and if I feel so strongly about her why wouldn't I want to make her my wife. Fuck I need a girlfriend for?"

Kayla couldn't believe that this was actually Blaze talking. She loved her nephew to death but even she could admit how crazy his ass was but to hear him speak so strongly about Denim let her know he was serious. You couldn't help but respect it.

"Do you think she's going to say yes?"

Blaze shrugged and looked down at the case that was filled with diamond of all colors, shapes and sizes. "I'm hoping she does. Knowing Denim ass she might curse me out and then say yes. Or slap me or some shit, I don't know."

Kayla laughed and they both looked up as Harold, Blaze's jeweler came back with the customized ring. "This is one of nicest rings I've done in a while."

"I'm excited" Kayla said like the ring was for her. Harold opened up the blue velvet box and showed them the large emerald cut diamond ring. "Damn I'm jealous."

"This shit is perfect" Blaze said as he picked up the ring and held it in the palm of his hand.

"You got me forever Denim" Blaze said once they were comfortable in his bed.

Her eyebrows furrowed showing her confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Blaze lay on his back and pulled Denim on top of him. He held her by her waist and looked deep into her eyes "marry me."

"What?" she asked not knowing what else to say.

"I want to marry you Denim. I know most mufuckas with a past like ours wouldn't be caught dead at the alter but I want you Denim for the rest of my life. This shit has been going on between us for over a year and for over a year I been denying that I wanted you. I can't do that shit no more. The more I convinced myself that I didn't want you the more I fucked up and the more you ended up hurt. I don't want to do that shit anymore."

"Blaze what the hell am I supposed to say?"

"Yes" he said like it was a no-brainer.

"Blaze this is too much, I would feel better if you asked me to just be your girl."

"I don't need you as a girlfriend. I need and want you as my wife. My life partner."

Denim eyes watered as she lay her head against his chest. She didn't know what to say or think. His words sounded so good to her but she just didn't know if they were good enough for her to be tying them together for life. Trusting him with her heart was a big step. Yes, she loved him but marriage was a different ball game. Denim wasn't one of those people who thought of marriage as just a piece of paper, it was a life commitment that she didn't plan on doing twice. The man that gave her his last name would be stuck with her forever.