Chapter 2| Forever Love

"Rochelle I'm booking you a flight right now okay?"

On the other side of the phone Rochelle made a confused face like Denim could actually see her "a flight for what?"

Denim excitedly hopped around for a second before she took a deep breath "we're getting married."

Rochelle took her phone away from her ear and stared at it for a few seconds "whose getting married? You and Blaze?"

"Yes, and before you start with the bitch are you stupid speech. Just know that I know what I'm doing, I know that things between us aren't perfect but we love each other. And I want you to be here to share this with us."

"When is my flight?" Rochelle said giving in, she would save the rest of her questions for when she actually landed in Antigua. She needed to look Denim in her eyes and see if the bitch had really lost it.

"In two hours, Kira is bringing Phoenix with her since I didn't want to do this without my baby. Your flight is at the same time as theirs, I'll see you later."

"Okay girl" Denim ended the call before she tossed the phone to the side and lay back on the bed. Her mind was churning over the looks and words she would get once they arrived. She was pretty sure everyone including Ziya was looking at her stupid. But she couldn't care, Denim had found love something she had never really experienced. And no it wasn't picture perfect or fit for a romance novel but it was their own personal love story.

Denim lay still for a while before she went to check on Andrea and Ziya who were getting their nails and feet done downstairs for the big day. Denim on the other hand would get dolled up tomorrow.

"How yall feeling?" she rubbed Ziya's stomach before sitting across from them.

"Good what about you, you're the bride to be?" Andrea asked.

"I feel good. I'm just not in the mood to be judged" she said honestly "I know everybody is talking a shitload of stuff behind my back."

"Not true" Andrea said and she was being real, but she could only speak for herself. She thought Blaze and Denim's love story was one of a kind and extremely rare.

"What about you Ziya?"

"I just want you to make sure you're doing the right thing; I don't want you to rush into something like this."

"I'm not rushing Zy, I love him you knew that before I even did. am I wrong for wanting to be with a man that I love?"

"When his name is Blaze, you might be."

Denim sighed and scratched the top of her head. There was a lot she could say but decided against it "I'll be upstairs if yall need me."

Instead of heading upstairs Denim decided to go sit by the pool. Denim knew she shouldn't be concerned with what everyone else was saying but it bothered her. She wanted everybody to be as excited as her but knew that was all a dream. The reality of the situation was Blaze hadn't been good to her at all, and anybody in their right mind would tell her to not marry him. But shit you had to be just a little insane to deal with Blaze and completely out of your mind to marry him.

"You okay?" Denim looked over her shoulder to see Blaze stepping out of the house.

Denim nodded and watched as he sat between her legs. With his head resting on her breasts, she wrapped her arms around him and interlocked their fingers. "Am I stupid?"

"For marrying me?"

"Yeah, I feel like everyone is judging me for saying yes. Shit even Rochelle sounded like she wanted to curse me out on the phone."