Chapter 5| Brewing Storms

I ask that yall pray for my family. My God sisters daughter was shot in the head on Sunday afternoon and she is barely clinging to life right now. If you're from Miami you probably saw the story on the news.  Its crazy that shit like this in Miami is not even uncommon, you see it on the news and all you can say is "damn another one."

I'm just mad that it hit so close to home this time. She is 8, the same age as my niece, and I can't help but think that could have been her. #LoveyouJada

Anyways, enjoy this chapter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't do this" Denim abruptly stood from her chair and began to pace back and forth. Ziya who had been feeding Phoenix some green beans looked at her like she was crazy.

"What's wrong with you?" Bree came limping into the room. Denim rolled her eyes at her crippled sister. She had decided to join the cheerleading team only for her second day of practice to consist of her getting a concussion, a sprained ankle and a broken arm. Bree vowed to never try another sport and both Denim and Dale agreed with her.

"Ziya I can't keep my mouth shut, every time I start a conversation the first thing that wants to come out my mouth is the fact that Rochelle slept with King."

Bree dramatically slapped her hand over her chest as her mouth fell open "she did what?"

"Bree take your ass on" Ziya said shooing her away. "I'm just going to put the TV on mute and listen anyways."

Shaking her head Denim waited until Bree had disappeared to take her seat once again "Zy I have to tell Drea. If I was in her shoes I would be mad that somebody didn't tell me the same night, its three days later and I can't hold it in."

"I hear you Denim, I guess I'm trying to save Rochelle's ass even though I shouldn't. Can we at least talk to Rochelle first?"

"Ziya I guess but whether we talk to Rochelle today or not, this day won't end without me talking to Andrea. I need this off my chest, we should still be worried about the fact that Kira's house is in ashes. We need to get this out in the open."

"Who caught them?" Bree yelled from the TV room "shut up" Denim yelled back at her.

"I hope when you get older you don't have to go through this drama" Ziya said to Phoenix who was too busy trying to take the spoon from her hands.

*

Holding her head Rochelle let the tears fall freely. Jace was asleep next to her surrounded by pillows as she thought about the night of Denim's birthday. Which had been just three days before. A lot of the night was a blur but one event she couldn't get out of her mind. Rochelle had never been attracted to King and never in a million years did she see herself having sex with him. It was definitely the liquor in her system but Rochelle knew that didn't matter.

She had sex with a married man and Drea wouldn't care how much she had drank. More than anything Rochelle was stressing over what Andrea would do, they had known each other years and considered each other to be damn near best friends.

Once Andrea did find out Rochelle knew their relationship would be over and everyone in the family would be affected by her and King's actions. She couldn't even focus on the fact that the house her mother had built from the ground up was no longer there, she was too busy thinking about how she had played a part in potentially ruining a marriage.

Currently, she was waiting for both Ziya and Denim to come over. She was debating over whether or not to tell them because she could already hear Denim cursing her out. Rochelle had no idea that they knew of what she did.