Chapter One

Clove’s POV

I’m currently transferring to the most high-status school at Panem at present, and I think it’s really weird because I transferred to the final two months of school. I should have been staying at my previous school by now; studying the most important districts and probably the Capitol when the 74th Hunger Games occurred. Katniss Everdeen probably defied the Capitol by trying to commit suicide by her husband Peeta Mellark. It was an amazing story actually; try to imagine if those events happened to you. You couldn’t wake up every single morning trying to be happy every single day, it’s always horrifying. But I’m still happy for Miss Katniss Everdeen for saving us all after thirty-five years, if the Hunger Games is still continuing up until now; I would train as Career by now.

As soon as I entered my school and reached my assigned classroom, I peeked at the small transparent glass window positioned at the front and center part of the wooden door. The teacher was probably a man, with long hair that hadn’t been cut ever since, and he probably looks drunk, I’m not sure, but he doesn’t look sober enough. He looks so casual and relaxed at his class, he just sits on his desk, and he began lean his chair on the blackboard, feet at the edge of his desk, and hands at the back of his head, almost sleeping. But it was about time when he began to look on his right, and he caught me peeking on the classroom. He regained his equanimity and he started excusing himself to his students to go outside. Well, I guess this is happening… I’m going to go inside any minute now.

Cato's POV

I probably hate our one and only teacher, Mr. Abernathy, he's like a carefree drunk man sitting lazily at his chair. The room was probably not yet sufficient enough with students so I'm not probably late. I roamed around and I sat at the very back row so that Mr. Abernathy won't notice me reading my favorite book later on. I know, I know but I just love that books so much, it's probably too much of my addiction probably.

When the room was already filled with students, Mr. Abernathy was satisfied enough so he stood up and he started greeting all of us a pleasant morning. When he sat down, he talked about the history of the Hunger Games while I was reading my favorite book secretly.
"Children, I'll be going outside for a moment. Please be quiet." Mr. Abernathy said, and then he stood up and went outside.
I just kept on reading my favorite book. When I sensed the door is opening, I quickly placed my book under my desk. Mr. Abernathy has difficulty in going inside because he's trying to pull something inside. Well not probably something, it was probably someone. When Mr. Abernathy successfully pulled the person inside, her recognizable face suddenly went inside my mind, she was my elementary classmate, Clove.