Unanswered

Maura ran aside the gurney that held her best friend and secret lover.

"Alright Detective Rizzoli, we need you to stay with us." Said the paramedic.

"No..." Jane groaned. "Jane," Maura said on the verge of tears, "stay with us." Stay with me.

Jane looked through foggy vision and saw Maura. "Maura...I'm...sorry..."

Her eyes closed. The paramedics began to notice her heart rate falling.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, you can't ride with us." A paramedic said. "No. She'd want me in there!" Maura snapped.

"I'm sorry. You can't right now." He said closing the door and the ambulance drove off.

Detective Olivia Benson, from the NYPD, came up to her and rested a hand on her shoulder. "I don't understand how she got from Boston to New York." Maura said.

"Shit like this happens. Why he went after her instead of me is curious." Olivia said.

"What do you mean?" Maura asked turning around. "Eric Lewis, the man who took Jane just so happens to be related to my deceased kidnapper, William Lewis." Olivia tried to forget the he'll she went through.

"Well Jane kinda knew Eric...I think Jane was trying to tell me something." Maura looked at the NYPD detective.

"Do you want me to do a private investigation?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah." Maura looked at her hands. She fiddled with the engagement ring that Jane had given her three weeks before Jane was taken.

"Go. She needs you." Olivia said. Maura nodded than walked to her car and as fast as she could to be with her lover.