Going South

"I think that this was a premeditated kidnapping."

Those words hung in the air like a smell so strong, no one wants to ask.

"What...what do you mean?" Maura asked before Noah spoke.

"Mama, why is Jane shaking?"

Maura's eyes went wide. "Al, take Noah out of here and yell for a doctor." Olivia said.

Alex did so. Soon doctors ran into the room.

"She's having a seizure." Maura says crying as Olivia held her.

"More than that. WE NEED A DEFIBRILLATOR ASAP!!!" Doctor Houston yelled.

"WHAT?!?! NO!" Maura cried. "Take her out." Doctor Houston said.

"NO! JANE!!! No...God please..." Maura screamed as Olivia pulled her out. "Jane please."

Maura sobbed as Olivia held her as she crumbled to the floor.

"She...she...has...to...live...she...she...has...to...see...her...our...child." Maura said sobbing.

"She'll be okay. Maura look at me," Alex said, "I've been hearing excellent things about Jane. She will get through this."

Maura nodded and began to take deeper breaths. "Good." Alex smiled.

Maura stood up and mustered courage. She looked at Jane through the window.

Jane was still seizing as doctors tried to start her heart again. Maura lost it and cried again.

Stay strong. For Me.