Chapter 3

"TWEET! TWEET! TWEEEEET!" My pet bird would say in the morning improvising as my alarm for school.
"Lou shut up!" I shouted, obviously I'm not a morning person. Still it's my duty to face the world on my own, so like everyday I slip on my favorite cream colored long sleeve, some tights, and my boots. One thing about me is I'm not a girly girl as they call it. I like to be able to move and explore, so never would anyone put me in a dress. My mother made that mistake! I came home muddy and ripped from climbing.
Lastly, I grab my books that I was suppose to read but already read and I'm off through my hallow tree.
     I run through the trees past the point line, across a fallen tree, balancing over the stream of normal water running below. Till I'm able to hear voices of people going to school. I burst out of the forest, looking as if I just appeared out of nowhere.
     Just like every day for the past eleven and a half years I arrive just on time to get in my seat and still have time to read future assignments to knock out. And like always I'm the first in my chair, but unexpectedly Prince Ayden walks in and sits two seats away from me. I keep my book covering my face, lucky enough to take a quick glance before he would notice. He scoots closer, so I scoot farther. He scoots one more and finally I couldn't resist!
     "Do you have a problem Ayden?" I snapped with the slamming of my book.
     " No, I just felt very neglected yesterday." He said.
     "WHAT ME, NEGLECT YOU! Pleace I couldn't possibly possess that type of character to one of such high class," I responded sarcastically with the batting of my green eyes. "I just had far better things to do. Things you wouldn't understand."
     "Why wouldn't I understand?" He said looking confused.
      Quickly I reopen my book not caring, nor remembering what page I was on. Just trying to ignore the fact that I've said to much already. But he catches my game I played, so I'm thinking of an explanation that I can tell him without ruining my chances of my secret getting out. All because God knows what would happen if I was found doing sorcery. However a rich an popular girl, Kathleen Conners, the girl trying to get involved with Ayden. For the first time I was thankful to actually see her pulling Ayden away from our conversation. I let a sigh of relief blow out. Curious I look back only to see Ayden looking straight into my eyes. I ignore it and him for the rest of the day. At least I try too. Well until reading class comes up.
It's our last session of the day, my favorite lesson. Reading. Reading ordinary books was the only way I could experience the emotions of a normal human being, not some magical monster in the body of a girl.
"So everyone has indeed read the book Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin?" My teacher questioned the class. Everyone responds to her with the nodding of their heads. Still I sit in the front row with my legs crossed taking notes on a completely different book. Then suddenly...
     "Ayden Berkley! I understand you read the book too" Mrs. Pennington said knowing he didn't even finish the book. "Well, Mr. Berkley answer this question for me will you? How did the Bennet family limit what Elizabeth can do with her "lively mind"?
"U-uh...I...," he responded to the easiest question possibly asked. I couldn't help but hear the horrid conversation, so without thinking I quickly jump in!
"The reason Ms. Elizabeth Bennet was limited was due to the reason her family was more concerned on marrying her off to a rich and noble man. But really this was a result of the way women were viewed as," I said and stopped, "but determined as she was she proved them that she could have both!"
"Very good Ms. Renee," she cheerfully said while she clapped, "take note of this Mr. Berkley, an you might try reading the actual book. Classed dismissed!"