Chapter 4

Unlike most of my fellow classmates, I'm prepared to run. Running is what kept me alive, and if that's what it takes to keep others alive. I'll run to the ends of the earth. But for now I just have to beat Ayden out the door, and I have a straight shot for the woods.
In less than a blink of an eye I was gone. Out the door and down the steps. Taking one last glance and BAM!
It's Ayden!
"May I help you? AGAIN!?" I insisted, but also dared him to try me.
"No. I believe you've helped me quite enough. So much so, I probably looked like an imbecile in there, thank you very much!" He sarcastically said. So I hit him right back because two can play in this game. Not to mention I already crush him in magic!
    Therefore I responded. "Well how could I not? It was pathetic to watch you die like the rat you are."
    "Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day." Sarcastic he spoke, but I just smiled and batted my eyes.
     "Listen, I'm sorry I had to cover for your rear, but just because your the prince, doesn't mean I'm living in your shadow! Got that buddy? Now excuse me." I shakily spoke while trying to make a run for it, yet he grabs my arm. However, I can't stand the feeling to be touched. I slapped him clear across the face. Not hard but hard enough to leave redness. I start running!
    Bolting as fast as lighting I ran, but thunder was not far behind the storm. Ayden quickly caught up to me. We were shoulder to shoulder, so being the type of person I am I go through some difficult obstacles. He's still there.
     I couldn't leave him, and my dead tree was coming up. Should I leave him at the line, or should I ruin my life by getting involved with his dark brown eyes that stared right into your soul?