Chapter 2: You Can Let Go Now

"I'm one of the student organizers for the freshmen orientation camp. The name's Terry. Nice to meet you!"

Whoever asked for your name? The group simply looked at each other with raised brows.

"The finale of the camp is coming up. Won't you guys participate?" Terry looked at Ming Kai and Chen Yu Lin with pleading eyes. That was because the finale involved selecting the best looking guy and girl among the freshmen, making them do couple-like things on stage, and hopefully the pair will end up developing feelings for each other.

All for the sake of future funds (from the Family Affairs Administration, of course). Typical bootlickers.

"I refuse," Ming Kai was neither indecisive nor disrespectful. He strongly disliked the way such events were carried out, but he also knew that the student organizers had little choice in the matter. They had to come up with ways to promote relationships or stand to lose their main sponsor in subsequent years.

Terry understood this and didn't try to push things any further. He simply turned and busied himself with searching for the next potential couple.

Ming Kai was expecting him to be more persistent, but was pleasantly surprised with Terry's level of awareness. That aside, the refreshment table still had plenty of food left.

It would be a waste not to eat it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the start of the semester and sure enough, Ming Kai and Chen Yu Lin happened to take a few of the same modules together. Ming Kai didn't have any other friends studying business courses, so he quickly became part of Chen Yu Lin's clique.

The cafeteria in the School of Business was currently undergoing renovations. Apparently, the quality of food there was really bad, as was the infrastructure. Ming Kai vividly remembered how some chairs were practically falling apart in his freshmen year. Some actually did, which was quite the catastrophe to whoever sat on it.

The staff and students would usually make their way further down to other faculty canteens to eat. Eventually, the university decided to revamp the entire place and call in new vendors once the renovations are complete. And that was two months from now.

"Are you currently in a club?" asked one of Ming Kai's new friends.

"Nope. But I am thinking of trying Judo," Ming Kai responded keenly. He was too focused on his grades during his first year, and a little recreation will definitely do him some good. Furthermore, he had developed an interest in martial arts ever since he started watching Bruce Lee movies.

Nobody else knows this, but Ming Kai secretly practices at home by learning from videos in Youtube. He may have the right physique, but he plain sucked at it.

Not that anybody needs to know.

Judo was simple. All you have to do is grab someone and flip him over the shoulder. Shouldn't be too difficult?

"...Or perhaps the acapella group," Ming Kai glanced over at Chen Yu Lin.

The acapella group was recruiting new singers, and Ming Kai happened to be one of those whom they needed. Furthermore, he sounded pretty much like a professional singer even without training. As a result, they have invited him to participate for the upcoming audition.

Chen Yu Lin's face lit up when he said that. Being friends for a while now, they somewhat understood each other hobbies and talents. Ming Kai was definitely someone that she wanted to recruit, so she was inwardly happy when he expressed interest.