Chapter 21: Reunion Gathering (3)

Hi all! It's been forever since I came back to writing, and by forever I mean 3 months (lol). Filing for graduation is a pain, job finding is a pain, life is pretty much a pain everywhere else. But since I've settled most of the pain-in-the-ass issues, and the holidays are around the corner...so I thought: "Hey, it's time to get back."

So here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Atop the desk in a particular room lay an assortment of luxurious beauty products, many of which could easily cost an average person's monthly wage. Chen Yu Lin had changed out of her clothes into a more comfortable night gown. 

She stared deeply at her own reflection, wondering if it was enough.

Enough to what...exactly?

Chen Yu Lin had intended to visit him in the guest room earlier, but wasn't particularly confident with how she looked. As a result, she spent another half an hour changing in and out of her clothes until she found one she was satisfied with.

Twirling from side to side, she gave herself one final look in the mirror before deciding that this was good enough.

"Ah...Yu Lin, Yu Lin. You've always been confident of your looks, so why are you worried about what Ming Kai might think?" She said aloud to herself.

Ever since meeting Ming Kai, she found herself becoming increasingly concerned about her own appearance whenever they are together. Perhaps that is what love does to people.

She walked down the corridor, to the second room from the stairway where her family usually housed their guests. Feeling a little hesitant, Chen Yu Lin gently gave the door a few knocks.

"Ming Kai. Can I come in?"

...

She knocked again. 

Seeing as there was no response, Chen Yu Lin opened the door and realised that the room was vacant.

There weren't many places a person would go in a house unfamiliar to him. Ming Kai going missing from his room indicated that he must either be with somebody else in her family whom he was familiar with, or gotten himself lost while visiting the restroom.

The latter was ridiculous. 

So she headed to the other end of the corridor where she knew Ming Kai would be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ming Kai stood in the middle of the room, staring coldly at the person sitting on a leathered rolling chair. Chen Tian Lin's expression was one of amusement as he looked over at the easily irritable young man in front of him. 

Truth be told, he wasn't that much older himself.

"You can sit down anywhere you like. Like I told you before; I don't bite." Chen Tian Lin gestured, sweeping across the entire room.

Didn't bite? Yeah, right. 

"Do you see another chair in this room that I can sit on?" Ming Kai retorted. After all, the only chair in here was already occupied by Chen Tian Lin.

"Oh? I said you may sit anywhere, didn't I?" Chen Tian Lin smirked. "The floor is one option."

Veins started bulging on Ming Kai's forehead. He hated this guy and his shameless personality. There was no way he would degrade himself to sitting on the floor.