Chapter 15: In Dangerous Company (2)

Ming Kai felt as though he was put through a high-G centrifuge. His head reeled and it felt like he was on a boat battered amidst the turbulent waves. The feeling was so sickening that he almost threw up on a few occasions, especially when the road got bumpy.

They stopped at the lobby of a certain high-rise building, though Ming Kai couldn't make out the details in his current state. He felt himself being supported upright on someone's shoulders, taken up an elevator to a room where he was unceremoniously dumped onto the bed.

In the blur of things, Ming Kai gathered what little strength he had to sit himself against the bedframe.

"...I don't suppose you drug ALL your drinking buddies before dragging them to a hotel room?" Ming Kai tried his best to seem sober as he spat at Chen Tian Lin.

"So...what does this rich and mighty young master wants with me?"

Chen Tian Lin barely even glanced in his direction. "Save your rhetoric. Whatever you say won't help you get out of this situation anyway."

Chen Tian Lin smoothly removed his suit and tie, arranging them neatly in the wardrobe. Beneath the slightly crumpled office wear was definitely a well-built body. He then completely disregarded Ming Kai and went straight into the bathroom.

Ming Kai's mouth hung in disbelief as he heard the sound of running water. His instincts screamed at him to flee this place while he had the chance, yet some part of him rationalised that escape wasn't possible.

No doubt that devil spawn already had countermeasures in place to prevent him from running away while he bathed.

Standing up was no easy feat. Ming Kai's head felt as heavy as lead, and it was with great effort that he laboured toward the door.

He pressed down the handle, only to find that it offered no resistance. The latch seemed to have disconnected from the door handle. Ming Kai had never encountered a lock that couldn't be opened from inside the room.

On the side, he noticed a small interface that controlled the locking mechanism and concluded that it must have required a keycard. 

And that keycard was most likely in the shower room, meaning he was stuck here whether he liked it or not. Until Chen Tian Lin had his way with him, he won't be leaving this place anytime soon.

The sound of running water stopped, and the bathroom door opened shortly after. Wearing a white bathrobe, Chen Tian Lin stood idly by the doorway as he stared in amusement, utterly entertained by how Ming Kai was trying his hardest to flee, and failing.

"All the rooms in this hotel are fitted with RFID detectors. You won't be getting in OR out without this." He nonchalantly waved the access card in his face and walked over to the sofa.

Now that he thought about it, this room was considerably spacious. After taking a moment to look around, Ming Kai realised that this place was not only fitted with a queen-sized bed, but also a couch, television, dining table and balcony that overlooked the city skyline.

Were it not for the fact that he was drugged and trapped in a room with a nutcase, this would have been a perfect place to unwind after the examination.

Not wanting to seat anywhere closer to Chen Tian Lin than necessary, Ming Kai strode over to the dining table and pulled out a chair instead. He could already feel the effect of alcohol starting to diminish. Or perhaps it was the drug. He wasn't sure which one, but either way, things were looking better for him.

"No need to keep your distance, I don't bite. Well...not that it matters while you're confined here anyway." Chen Tian Lin commented while pressing a button on the coffee dispenser at the bench top. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air.