The Beginning

It was a peaceful night in the jungle, a black panther name Bagheera, was walking around the jungle. But his walk was interrupted by a roar. He knew this roar. It was a tiger, not just any tiger.

Shere Khan.

Bagheera ran to where the roar came from, wanting to know what happened. Soon, he came into the spot but he didn't see anyone. The only thing he saw was the 'red flower' inside the cave.

He looked around and stopped when he heard noises. He turned to his left and saw something coming out of the cave - A human. A beautiful young woman, she had a long brown hair and a perfect skin. She had a white dress but there was a scratch on her stomach, looking like a tiger's work. She was holding something in her arms but the panther couldn't see what it was.

Bagheera watched as the woman collapsed on her knees. He knew he should not get near a human but he had a feeling that she would not harm him as a man could do. The panther walked closer to the woman but as he did so, some leaves underneath him announced his presence.

The woman immediately looked up and saw the black panther. It was dark but yet she could see him because of his shining eyes. She immediately hold tightly the thing she was holding and pulled it to her chest, protectively.

Bagheera still came closer to the woman and when he was close enough to her, he reached over to her stomach and sniffed it, smelling her blood. He looked back at the woman who looked at him with fear and her eyes. Then they both looked down at the thing the woman was holding as there was a small cry.

She was holding a red blanket and inside something moved, crying. The woman opened the blanket slightly and Bagheera watched as it reviled to be a cub. A girl. She didn't look a year old yet.

The woman watched as the panther studied her child and he sniffed her. Suddenly, the baby stopped crying and looked around as she couldn't see yet. Then the child hold out her small hand and gently grabbed the panther.

Bagheera looked at the human cub as it was grabbing him gently. The cub made a sound. A giggle. Bagheera stared at her as he opened his mouth but the cub just stroked his fur.

The woman started at the panther, ignoring her pain in her stomach from the wound. But then Bagheera looked from the small child to her, staring right into her eyes. The woman hesitated but slowly reached out her hand and placed it on Bagheera's nose. The panther watched as she put down her child gently on the ground.

"Take her," The woman whispered. Bagheera looked at her but she was looking at her child. "She will be alone," She whispered and then locked her eyes with the panther. She knew he will understood her. She didn't knew how but she did. "Take her."

Bagheera watched as the woman took the cub and placed a kiss on the baby's cheek. She hold her for a moment before placing her into a small brown basket. She looked at Bagheera for a moment before she sighed in relief when he managed to give her a nod.

Bagheera grabbed the basket with his teeth and turned away, leaving the woman near the cave. When he was near the bushes, he heard something falling. He turned around one last time to see the woman on the ground, not moving.

The cub made a sound and Bagheera took the child far into the jungle. If this cub was to survive, she need someone to protect her, but Bagheera not going to do it alone. The first one to come up into his mind was -

The wolves.

He needed to get her to Akela.

Soon, Bagheera got to the wolves. "Bagheera? What bring you here at this time of night?" The leader, Akela asked once he and his pack saw the panther running to them with a brown basket.

Bagheera placed the basket gently on the ground and looked at Akela, "I will need you to do something for me," The panther asked. "What is it my friend?" Akela asked, coming over to him. They all froze when they heard a cry. A human's cry.

"What was that?" One of the wolves asked. "This is a cub. A woman cub," Bagheera explained and looked at the basket, where the cry came from. Akela's mate, Raksha came over to Akela and Bagheera. She looked into the basket and stared at the cub. "Oh, look at you," She said and the cub suddenly stopped crying and looked around.

"This cub can't see yet," Raksha stated as she looked at the panther. "Yes, I think so," He agreed. "What do you need?" Akela asked. "The cub lost her family and I couldn't leave her alone," Bagheera started. "You did well," Raksha said. "I need to ask . . . Could you raise her as one of you own?" The panther asked.

Akela and Raksha looked at each other, not knowing what to say. "But she's a woman cub," One of the wolves stated softly. "A human." Bagheera nodded and sighed softly. "I know. But she need someone and you are the first one to come into my mind," He admitted, looking at Akela and Raksha.

Suddenly, the cub made noises and threw her little arms around. Raksha looked at the small cub and smiled. She reached to it and the cub felt the wolf's fur. The cub smiled and giggled as she gently stroked the fur.

Akela smiled slightly and then looked at Bagheera, "Alright," He agreed. Suddenly, the wolves howled, greeting the woman cub into the pack. "What will you call her?" Bagheera asked. Raksha looked at Akela with a smile, "The leader will decide," She teased.

Akela smiled and looked at the small cub as she was looking around. "Katerina," The leader replied. "Her name will be Katerina."

~~~~~~~

Hey guys!
What do you think about my first chapter of the jungle book? What about Katerina? What will happen to her as she grow up? This not going to be just like at the movie so I want to know what you think will happen.

Katherine