I Should Go

Soon, the rains came to the jungle and Katerina was watching with Gray as the Council was speaking from the distance on the rock. The Council discussed and argued for many days. "What do you think they talking about?" Gray asked Katerina. She shrugged and they continued watching.

No one had came between the pack before. But Shere Khan's threat was not to be ignored.

Katerina glanced sadly at Gray before taking a deep breath and then stood up. She walked to the rock, ignoring Gray's protest. Bagheera watched the Council from his spot on the tree. But when he saw Katerina walking up to the Council, he knew that she had something to say so he climbed down from the tree.

Katerina came up to the wolves, and continued to hear what they were talking about. "She's got to go."

"Look at the sky. Shere Khan is must be heading this way as we speak."

"Katerina is part of the pack."

There was a lot of voices, saying she had to leave for her own safety but some saying she is part of the pack and they could keep her safe.

Katerina took another deep breath before speaking, "I'm leaving." The sound of her voice made everyone to turned around and look at her. They didn't knew she was there. "I don't want to see anyone get hurt."

"Katerina, go back into the Den," Raksha ordered. "A human cub belongs to the Man Village," One of the wolves said. "We raised her as one of our own," Raksha stated. "They will have the girl in any way," The wolf said.

"Akela," Bagheera spoke as he came over. "Maybe I could be have help. The girl is right. Maybe it's time she will find other people."

"No," Raksha said. "I'm the one who brought her to you, and now I'll return her to where she belong," Bagheera said gently. Raksha stood in front of Katerina, pulling her slightly behind her, "I won't let you. She's my cub."

"We knew this day will come," Akela said sadly. "We are the only family she's ever knew," Raksha said. "Raksha," Akela said with sad eyes. "It's the only place she will be safe."

Raksha looked at everyone with tears in her eyes. Katerina turned her slightly and she turned around herself, "It's alright, Mom, I won't go far," Katerina said softly, trying to hold back her own tears. "I'll come back and visit."

Raksha stared at her for a moment, "Never forget this," She started. "You're mine. Mine to me. No matter were you go or what they may call you, you will always be my daughter."

Katerina smiled slightly with her tears fall and then she hugged her mother. They broke away as Akela stepped away from the top of the rock and went down to her and the others.

"Goodbye, Dad," Katerina said. Akela smiled sadly, "Goodbye, little one," He said and she hugged him. After that, she took a step back and then turned around, walking away with Bagheera.

As she walked away, she didn't want to look back, she was afraid she will back down and stay. She didn't want to leave her family, but she had to.

...................................

It was morning, Katerina and Bagheera continued their journey. "The turtles like me," Katerina started. "Maybe the crocodiles. What about the rhinos? They always let me hung around with them."

Bagheera remained quietly, he didn't knew how to tell her she couldn't stay at the jungle. "Of course, the rhinos sleeps standing up, so I don't think I will be good with that. So it's either the turtles or the crocodiles. What do you think?" Katerina asked.

"None," Bagheera spoke. "What do you mean?" Katerina asked. Bagheera stopped at the big tree they were walking through, "I'm taking you to the Man Village." Katerina stopped and turned to him, "What? Bagheera I don't knew men," She replied. "You will," He replied as they continued.

"But you always told me we not supposed to go near a Man Village," Katerina pointed out. "That was different," He replied. "Why is it different?" She asked as they walked through the trees. "You always said stay away from the Man Village, 'cous we may fall into a trap, or get eaten, or get hurt by flying rocks."

"I know what I said," The panther said. They stopped walking as they heard giant footsteps on the side. They looked to where the noises came from and saw elephants heading to their direction. "Wow," Katerina whispered. "Elephants."

"Bow your head," Bagheera said as he bowed. "Why?" She asked. "Show them respect," He replied as she did what she was told.

"The elephants created this jungle," Bagheera explained as the elephants started to walk pass them. "Where they made faro's with their tasks the rivers around. When they blow with their trunks the leaves fell. They made all the belongs. The mountains, the trees, the birds in the tree. But they didn't make you, that is why you must go."

Katerina looked up to met a young elephant's eyes as he past by. The young human send a small smile to the elephant as he past before she and Bagheera stood up.

"Come," Bagheera said after they watched the elephants left. And with that, they continued walking.

...................

They walked for about an hour or so, Katerina kept trying to convince Bagheera to let her stay, "What about the Nilgai?" She asked as they got to a field. "No," Bagheera said. "Or the Mungos?" Katerina asked. "It's not open for discussion," Bagheera said.

"But this is my home, I don't even know how they like," Katerina said. "You'll learn," Bagheera said. "But I want to stay in the jungle," She said. "Why do I have to go there?"

"Because the jungle isn't safe for you anymore, you've been hunt by a tiger," He replied as they were walking at the field, surrounded by herd of Buffalo. "Only men can protect you now."

Katerina sighed, "This isn't far, you not giving me a choice. There's a lot of stuff you're nor telling me and don't take I didn't noticed," She said. "You said you'll take me to where I came from, but you found me in the jungle. Are you bringing me back to the jungle? No. Why are you taking me to the Man Village if you found me in the jungle? And why the tiger hates me so?"

Bagheera stopped as he looked around. He felt something bad but Katerina kept walking and talking, "Does he know me? I think he is."

"Down," Bagheera whispered and Katerina rolled her eyes as she stopped and turned around. "What, now we have to bow to the Buffalo too?" She asked sarcastically.

"Listen to me, this is not a game. You going to run to the valley," He whispered. "What are you talking about?" She asked, frowning. "Go to the north and when the sky glow at night I'll find you on that path," He said.

"Bagheera, I'm not taking one more step until -" Katerina was cut off by a roar from the panther as he jumped from above her head. She fall down and then looked behind her to see Bagheera fighting Shere Khan.

Her eyes grow wide and she got up, quickly to run away as the Buffalo did as well. As she ran, she looked behind to see Shere Khan running after her. She looked back to the front, trying to ran faster. "Bagheera!" The second she called for the panther, he managed to get back to his feet after been defeated by Shere Khan, and ran after the tiger, managing to take him down. "Keep running!" Bagheera yelled.

She ran to a muddy path, where she saw there was the Buffalo herd running there. She grabbed into one of them and let him take her with him. Soon, she heard a tiger roar and glanced behind to see up at the end of the field Shere Khan from far away, looking at the herd.

Katerina sighed in relief and let the Buffalo carry on with her on the back.