Chapter 5: Sunday at the Dursley's House

Eleanor's POV

Sammy pulls up in front of Gilinsky's house and parks the car. He's got a big house too. While I had suggested knocking, Sammy waltzes right in.

"Sammy so good to see you again!" I hear a woman greet Sammy and I can only assume it's Jack's mother. "And who might this be?" She asks peering over at me and I smile shyly.

"Hi. I'm Eleanor Montgomery, it's nice to meet you," I tell her as I shake her hand. She quickly glances at Sammy.

"The Eleanor?" She asks both of us.

"Apparently," I say with a shrug and a laugh.

"Well it is an honor to meet you. Sammy talks about you all the time," She beams.

"So I've heard," I say while raising an eyebrow at Sammy.

"I'm Jack's mom, but you can call me Katherine," she says with a smile.

"Well it is nice to meet you Katherine," I reply with the same smile.

"Likewise, the boys are in the basement. I assume you are looking for them. And may I just say your little sister is absolutely adorable," she gushes before hurrying off to another part of the house. Well that was a lot of socializing for my sometimes introverted self.

Sammy leads me downstairs to the basement and I can hear Katie's laughter and the boys shouting. We both look at each other, unsure of what to expect. When we reach the bottom of the steps and turn the corner I find Katie throwing letters up in the air. There is so much mail you would think it was Sunday at the Dursley's house. (A/N: vote and comment if you get my reference). I smile as I watch my baby sister yelp excitedly as Nate suddenly scoops her up.

My eyes move to examine the room and I see there is a camera set up with lights and everything. They must still be filming. They had like three hours to do this.

"ELLIE!" I hear Katie shout and I jolt up at the sound of my name to see Katie running towards me.

"Hey Katie bear," I say as I lean down to her level, "are you having fun?" I ask her and she nods excitedly.

"Jackie let me open some presents and other Jackie said I could have some of them and then Nate made me fly like an airplane!" She shouts as she jumps up and down excitedly and I smile a huge smile at her happiness.

"Well I'm glad you are having a good time," I tell her before she runs back to the boys.

"I told you she would be fine," I hear Sammy whisper in my ear as he pulls me in and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah you did," I sigh with a smile as I watch her continue to play with the boys. I stare up at Sammy's face and I search for any remains of the little boy who became my best friend when we were toddlers. The little boy who chased me around trying to kiss me: the little girl who secretly wanted it to happen. I had a crush on Sammy when I was younger. I couldn't resist his green eyes, his long eyelashes, and his dimpled smile. Looking up at him I could see the boy I fell in love with. Was I still in love with him? Who knows, but I wasn't about to let Sammy figure it out.

After a couple more hours of just hanging out with the boys and entertaining Katie, Katherine was kind enough to feed us before we headed home.

Once we arrived home I followed Katie up the stairs.

"Get your shower and brush your teeth," I tell her before I fall onto my own bed. I check my phone for the time only to see that today was August 14. School started in 2 weeks. I am going to have to go school supply shopping soon.