Chapter 7: Sammy's Back

Eleanor's POV

The final bell rang, and I leapt out of my seat and made a run for the door. I had been sitting through English anxiously watching the clock waiting to be let out. It's not that I didn't want to be in class, but I didn't want to leave Katie waiting around looking for me and Sammy.

I rushed over to my locker and quickly stuffed my books into my backpack.

"Ellie! Calm down," I hear Sammy say behind me, and he puts his hands on my shoulders to try and relax me. "I know you're anxious to see Katie, but she will be fine. I bet she even made some new friends," He says reassuring me, and I smile. I finish packing up before dragging Sammy to his car.

"ELEANOR!" I hear my name being called out, and I look to see Nina running over to Sammy's car.

"Hey Nina. What's up?" I ask her, and she pants at the side of the car from the run, and I chuckle.

"I just wanted to give you my number, that way you have at least one girlfriend," She says winking before handing me a card.

"Thank you! I will be sure to text you! I gotta go! I'll see you tomorrow!" I shout out the window and wave goodbye.

Sammy starts to drive to Katie's school, and I tuck Nina's card into my bra. (We all do it).

"Eyes on the road," I snap at Sammy when I see him eyeing me, and he just shakes his head chuckling.

"You're something Elle," He says softly.

"I know," I say with a cheesy smile. He pulls up to Katie's school and parks the car. We both hop out and make our way to the entrance where children are flooding the parking lot.

"Do you see her?" Sammy asks, and I shake my head.

"ELLIE!" I hear my name being shouted, and I instantly turn around to see Katie running at me with full speed. I don't have time to brace myself for the impact. She rams right into me and I catch her, but not before falling back. However, I don't hit the pavement like I thought I would. Instead I find myself in Sammy's arms. I look up and see him smirking down at me. "Thanks Sammy," Katie says with a big smile unaware of the situation we are in. Sammy helps me stand up and we lead Katie to the car.

"So how was your day today Katie baby?" I ask her as I buckle her.

"It was so much fun! I made two new friends, and I got to make a bunch of paintings!" She exclaims and I smile as I listen to her. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face for the entire ride home. Katie pulls me into the house and sits me down at the breakfast bar before pulling out all of her artwork showing me each painting.

"This one is you!" She says excitedly, "I made it for you," she says with a shy smile. "Do you like it?" She asks me.

"Do I like it? I love it! Thank you Katie bear, it's beautiful. I know just where to put it," I tell her as I lead her up to my room and hang it up right above the bed. She smiles proudly.