Chapter 6: Sammy's Dress Code

Eleanor's POV

Eleanor's POV

*beep* *beep* *beep*

My arms flail around trying to stop the incessant beeping noise of my alarm clock, but to no avail I end up falling off my bed with a thud.

"Ouch," I groan while my alarm clock is laughing at me. I finally manage to stand up and shut it off. I stretch myself out before just standing there in the middle of my room. Today is my first day of school at Westside. Today is Katie's first day at Loveland. I make my way over to Katie's room and gently rock her to wake her up. "Come on Katie baby, you gotta get up. It's your first day of school," I tell her and she slowly sits up rubbing her eyes. "Brush your teeth and pick out some clothes okay?"

I make my way into the bathroom and brush out my tangled hair before leaving it down. I make my way over to my closet before picking out an outfit. Since it's the first day of school I figured I should at least try. I found my matching white tassel shorts and crop top and slide them on.

What if the school has a dress code? The thought suddenly makes me nervous. It took a lot of effort to put this on....I'll just ask Sammy. I make my way over to Sammy's room before walking in only to see him in just his boxers. I really need to start knocking.

My cheeks flush pink and I look at the ground.

"Sorry. I really should have knocked," I mumble and I hear chuckling. "I was just wondering if the school has a dress code," I ask him looking up at him. Sammy is staring at what I am wearing, and my skin is getting hot.

"The school doesn't, but I do, and you're not wearing that," He says sternly before ushering me back into my room. "Now change," he says pointing at my closet, and I just look at him with my mouth agape.

"What? No I don't have to change!" I complain, "I didn't ask for your dress code, I only asked for the school's dress code. Besides you've never had a problem with what I've worn before," I point out to him.