.02

*•*•*

*•*•*

I woke up to a sound of an extremely annoying alarm.

"Wake up. Wake up." Nope, just Lucas's voice. I snap my head towards making him flinch.

"What the hell?" I growl at him sitting up.

"I'm going to school." Lucas told me. I just stared at him.

"You woke me to tell me, you were going to school?" I ask trying to keep my chill.

"Well.."I scoff cutting him off and getting out of bed. I felt a stare on me and I turned to see Lucas with wide eyes and staring at me. I was just wearing a large t-shirt and my underwear.

"Staring is rude ya know?" I ask placing my hands on my hips which my shirt rise a little. Lucas just gulped.

"Get out." I say.

"Yep." Lucas says immediately after and leaving my room in a rush. I roll my eyes and walk into my bathroom. I groan at my appearance. I didn't even bother taking a shower or changing my shirt. I just put a pair of sweatpants on and put my hair up in a bun.

I skip downstairs to see Lucas, Trevor, and the Sheriff all down there getting ready for who knows what.

"I still don't understand why we have to take in the foster home reject." I hear Trevor say. I hid behind a wall to hear the rest of the conversation.

"Trevor." The sheriff said in a warning voice. I never understood why the sheriff took a liking for me. He always stood up for me in trails and gave me so many second chances that they didn't count as second chances anymore.

"What? She committed the crime so why are we getting punished." Trevor said.

"Maya has had a rough life. Her parents disappearance was bad enough and you know good and well she can't be on her own out there." Sheriff said. My faced paled and I stopped breathing. Parents disappearance? I was told my birth parents couldn't afford to keep me.

"What's the story behind that anyway?" I hear Lucas asked with his mouth full.

"Well that's stop secret." Sheriff said. There was a long silence and than a sigh of defeat.

"When Maya was just born, not even a year old, her parents were murdered. We don't know why or by who but he know he/she is still out there and that person thinks Maya is dead. And we want it to stay that way." Sheriff said. I just stood there. I couldn't processes any of this.