.03

*•*•*

*•*•*

"So you're Maya Hart?" One of Lucas's friends asked me. I learned his name was Farkle Minkus. I was currently in the kitchen while Lucas invited his friends over.

"No, I'm Santa Clause. Don't you see my white beard and red hat?" I ask sarcastically taking a bite out of the apple.

"I like you." Lucas's other friend said. Her name was Riley Matthews. She had this boho chill style and personality. I liked her.

"Yes because I'm very likable." I say but something catches my eye. A figure outside across the street wearing all black with oil black hair and pale skin. I gasp and walk towards the window.

"Zach?" I whisper. Like the boy hears me, he snaps his head over to the window making me jump. I've been spotted.

"Maya?" I hear Lucas say. Zach just stares at me with his bold green eyes that I can clearly see from a great distance.

Lucas walks over to me and see's Zach.

"Is that?"

"Yup." I say gulping. Than a bus comes and picks him up. I still see him from the window and he stares at me. He mouths something but it's too hard to read. But he ended the sentence with a smile.

"I'm gonna die." Is all I could think of saying as the bus drives away.

"You don't even know what he said." Lucas said. I don't care but that smile is gonna hunt me for who knows how long.

"Maya? Lucas? Dude, what are you staring at?" I hear Riley asked. Lucas and I looked at her and Farkle looking slightly freaked but mostly confused.

"Well, I thought I knew him. I was wrong." I lie leaving the kitchen leaving me them to their studies. I rushed up to my room and getting my old photo album.

When I was younger, I thought I was a photographer but obviously I wasn't. I flipped the pages of the pictures of Pixie and I and I stopped on one. It was of Zach. I told him to smile but he just stared at the camera. His green eyes seemed to glow they were so bright.

But the guy I saw out there was definitely Zach. A chill goes down my back as I stare at the picture.

Yep, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

I close the photo album and I hear someone come in.

"Lucas?! We're home." I hear the Sheriff yell.