03 | " i must not believe foolish lies "

heartache doesn't last forever, i'll say i'm fine

◾️◽️

Cecilia Grey was on her way to enter the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom with Raymond beside her. And of course, walking beside the famous Raymond Everest would create words here and there. Cecilia didn't mind though, Raymond is one of her great friend and he's nice to talk to. What's not nice is the rumors that filled the path she walked with him. Cecilia, as usual, would just ignore all the unpleasant thing she heard.

"Ugh, i hate it that those two match each other."

"Now she's into Raymond? She's moving on too fast."

"Merlin, how could those two look like a beautiful flawless painting? It's like they both in a different world!"

Words come after another, making Raymond feels a little guilty. "I'm sorry," Raymond said to Cecilia.

"It's not your fault." Cecilia gave the guy a small reassuring smile. "Never yours."

"I don't even know why they keep following me. I mean, it's kind of hard to walk with my friends when others try to follow you around." Raymond admits, sighing.

"I know. Lydia always have someone following her and sometimes it could become pretty creepy." the blonde haired girl said, patting her friend's shoulders for comfort.

"Well, if i think about it you're quite popular too. I saw a Gryffindor boy giving you his love letter." Raymond teases.

"Oh, that! Yes, he was pretty persistent at first but once i said i'm not someone fun to be with he stopped, and i thank him for understanding that i'm not ready for another relationship." Cecilia said.

"You're unusual." Raymond smiled. "And something like that is quite rare. You're like a hidden precious gem."

"Thank you, Raymond." Cecilia chuckled, "People just quickly judge others from the face. That's why i'm never picky with books. Good books comes in all shapes, just like us. Faces were just facade."

The two then choose a seat, they found a good seat in the second row.

"I really hope this new teacher is good. I really need to improve in this lesson." said one of the Gryffindor.

Professor Umbridge finally entered, and a silence fell into the room.

"Good afternoon, class!" she quipped in a sweet voice. And of course, she only got a few halfhearted responses back. "That won't do, now, will it? i shall like you, please, to reply 'Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge' one more time, class!"

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge." The students chorused, quite unenthusiastic.

"There now," she said. "That wasn't too difficult was it? Now, wands away quills out please."

Everyone groaned and exchanged gloomy looks with each other. Umbridge extracted her wand from her handbag and tapped in on the blackboard and the words 'Defense Against the Dark Arts: A Return to Basic Principles appeared. "Well now, your teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted hasn't it?" the professor stated to the class. "The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to follow the Ministry-approved curriculum. And in result all of you are far below the standards we would expect." Umbridge said, "Especially last year O.W.L's. Only a few students have managed to impress us."