Chapter 1- Crushed Friendship

*Not Edited*

Dedicated to  LolitasHeart  for makeing the lovely cover!  Thank you so much!

         ~~~~~~~~~~Kyle 14. Annie 13~~~~~~~~~~

*What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger*

“Kyle. No.” I laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist, sending tingles through my entire body.

“Hey! You shocked me!” He told me letting me go.

“Me? You shocked me!” I told him spinning around to face him, his black hair spiked up as usual, and his green eyes stared at me, with confusion.

He shrugged but kept looking at me confused.

Kyle was my best friend. We lived together in the pack house-yeah, were werewolves- with two other families, and some others who have yet to find their mates.

“Kyle!” His dad, the Alpha, called from the doorway. We both turned to him and Kyle ran to the house. He turned back to me with a goofy grin on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“There you are,” I said running to him in the meadow that we found when we ran together for the first time when I was six.

He turned to me with a cold stare, his eyes black. “Kyle? What's wrong?” I asked placing my hand on his shoulder, the usual tingling ran through my arm. He shrugged it off.

I stared at him confused and hurt. Why was he being so cold? He looked concerned and pained for a moment before his face turned hard and expressionless.

“We can't be friends anymore.” He told me in a hard voice.

I felt my heart breaking into tiny pieces, “Kyle, I..” I tried, stepping towards him, he backed away.

My eyes began to fill with tears that were soon streaming down my face.

“Your not good for me. Your bringing me down, your..” He stumbled, “You're not good enough for me.”

I was at a loss for words. I looked down, don't show weakness. I knew I wasn't good enough, I knew eventually he would see that I was nothing.

“Annie..” he spoke slowly. I looked at him with pain filled eyes. He bit his lip and quickly looked away, and ran into the woods, leaving me in the meadow all alone.

My knees gave out and I fell to the ground. My best friend left me! I curled into a ball and began sobbing. I laid there for hours.

I was still on the ground, in the same position, when the sky was steadily growing lighter. I whipped away my tears getting up and slowly walking back to the house.

Kyle was sitting on the back steps, still in last nights clothes. When I came into view he stood up.

I resisted the urge to run to him, he didn't want to be friends. 'You aren't good enough' my wolf cried in pain as the words ran through my mind in Kyle's voice.

I stopped and stared at him for a moment before he turned around and walked into the house.

I sighed and walked into the house behind him, then sprinted to my room. I showered quickly and changed clothes. I took a deep breath.

Today was going to be hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking down the hall not looking at anything but my feet, when Kyle bumped into me, sending tingles up my arm.

“Watch it bitch.” he sneered at me.

“I'm-I'm sorry.” I told him quickly.

His friends- they used to be my friends- laughed at me, who was still on the ground. They walked away and I stood up running into the bathroom as fresh tears flowed down my face. I used the wall for support as I locked the stall door. I slid down the wall as my legs began to lose feeling, I couldn't hold myself up.

“Oh my Gosh.” A voice said through the door, “are you okay in there?” She asked concerned.

I sniffled. “Fine,” My voice, sounding hoarse from crying all night.

“No your not,” she said crawling under the stall door.

“What are you doing?” I asked shocked.

“Comforting you,” She shrugged, “oh come on, I saw you sitting on the floor,” She rolled her eyes. And I smiled a small smile. “Now. Are you okay?” She asked sitting next to me.

“I told you, I'm fine.” I told her whipping away my tears.

“You're full of it.” she told me, shaking her blond hair.

“Excuse me, but who are you?” I asked.

“Bailey,” She stuck out her hand for me to shake and I took it.
“Annie.”

“I saw what happened in the hallway.” she muttered after a moment of silence.

“Kyle's a jerk.” I told her.

“Kyle?” She asked her eyes going wide, “like the soon to be Alpha?” She asked excitedly. I nodded. She knew about werewolves? “He is so hot!” she gushed.

I rolled my eyes, but my wolf growled. I stopped myself from growling aloud by biting my lip firmly.

She covered her mouth quickly, “Oh no.” She whispered.

“What?” I asked confused.

“What I meant by Alpha was..” She began.

“Don't even try to explain, I'm one too.” I told her cutting her off.

She sighed in relief. “Good, cause I got nothing.”

I laughed . “Come on lets get to class,” She said helping me up.

The bell rang and the hall filled with people. “huh, schools over.” She shrugged.

Well the day wasn't that bad except the fact that Kyle didn't care about me anymore and humiliated me, but I made a new werewolf friend. I wasn't happy because I still cared for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a strong urge to write this!!!

So I'm going on instict here.. so if you like it you should tell me and I'll countiue...

ANNDD if you have suggestions on things let me know!! :)

~~~thanks!