Chapter 17 - What Did You Do?

Annie’s POV

    It wasn’t hard to find him. He always goes to the same place when he’s upset, the clearing near the river.

“Jesse!” I yelled running into the little clearing. He had his back to me and I stopped short as I saw him talking with another wolf. “Jess..?”

“Annie, go back home. Now.” Jesse told me calmly but keeping his eyes locked on the wolfs.

I turned around and was about to run home when another wolf made its way to me. I backed up slowly and soon I met Jesse’s back.

“What do we do now?” I asked scared as he grabbed a hold of my hand.

“Call him.” He rushed back, “I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Jess.” I tried shaking my head, “he probably hates me.”

“He’s your mate!” He snapped, “He cares. Now do it or we’re dead.”

‘Kyle!’ I screamed as the wolf advanced on us.

Nothing but silence. Great he really does hate me. Tears pricked my eyes and the wolf snapped at me.

“He wont listen.” I whispered.

“Damn it.” He gritted his teeth together.

The wolf growled loudly and jumped for me, I felt him pull and Jesse’s hand was ripped from mine.  I screamed as the wolf drug me off.

“Annie!” Jesse yelled before a grey wolf was in his place, growling at the other wolf.

I reached around and pushed the wolfs mussel  away from me. He let go instantly and I fell onto the forest floor, my head hitting something hard and my vision blurring.

‘Kyle,’ I tried again, ‘Help me.’

The wolf was over me in a second, his eyes were hard and had weird grin on his face, or what I imagine was a grin. I turned my head and the wolf jaw clenched me neck, I screamed in pain and I became light headed.  

I saw a black streak as my eyes fluttered closed and the pressure from my neck disappeared.

Kyle’s POV

“‘Help Me!’” I yelled loudly as well as told everyone via mind link. I carried Annie in my arms after pulling that...

‘Don’t think about it Kyle, you took care of him. Worry about her now.’ My wolf growled.

I ran into the house and was surrounded by everyone.

“What happened?” My dad asked quickly.