The Sorting

Percy POV:

I talked to Zoe a bit and told her all I could about her past without mentioning Greek mythology as Artemus came into my head and told me not too.

-------Time skip to Percy's first sight of Hogwarts--------------------------------------------

I got off the carriage which was pulled by a Horse that looked like death. The first word that came to me was WOW!!!

Annabeth would love the architecture of the school. Even I had to admit it was grand.

We walked through the doors and Zoe and I got diverted to the side to join some younger looking kids.

We then walked through a side door and came into a hall filled with students.

Professor McGonagall stood and the hall became silent. "It is now time for the sorting, the first pupil is Anne Lu"

A girl came out and Professor McGonagall took a stool and hat out. The girl sat on the stool and Professor McGonagall placed the hat on her. After a few seconds, it shouted " Slytherin!!!" The table near the right wall (my right) cheered.

That's new, a talking hat.

Professor called out different pupils and at different names, different tables cheered. The table at the far left cheered for Gryffindor, the table close to the Gryffindor cheered for Hufflepuff and the table near the Slytherin table cheered for Ravenclaw. Finally there was only me and Zoe left.

"These two students will join the seventh year students who are taking a retake of their year. First up is Zoe Nightshade who doesn't remember anything up to a couple of weeks ago."

Zoe sat and after a couple of seconds the hat called out Gryffindor.

"Next up is Perseus Jackson who prefers to be called Percy. Now I don't expect you to treat him any differently just because he is he who must not be named's grandson."

I went up and sat on the stool. The hat was placed on my head.

"Perseus Jackson, don't speak aloud because I'm in your head." I almost jumped.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the sorting hat. Brave I see, definitely brave but also very loyal, I believe that's your fatal flaw. Your also clever-

" I'm not clever."

"You are because you know how to use the resources you've got well. Now let's see, you're also sly and cunning but for good reasons. You're a difficult one. I've only had to do this to one other person in my existence but I'm going to do it to you. I'm going to look through your memories but I solemnly promise not to tell anyone."

Before I could object I saw flashes of my memories in tartarus and then I heard the hat scream.

"AAAAAARRRR!!!!!! GET ME OFF HIS HEAD!!! GRYFFINDOR!!! DEFINITELY GRYFFINDOR!!!! GET ME OFF!!!"

Nobody clapped at the sorting hat's answer.

Ron's POV:

Uggg, this is taking forever. Just put the stupid death eater in Slytherin.

"AAAAAARRRR!!!!!! GET ME OFF HIS HEAD!!! GRYFFINDOR!!! DEFINITELY GRYFFINDOR!!!! GET ME OFF!!!

The hat's never done that before. How the hell did the hat think he's fit for Gryffindor. I bet that Percy did something to the hat. At least no one clapped.

We got our schedules and then we got to eat and go to bed.

But seriously, how did he get into Gryffindor??????