Chapter Four: Explanations and Understanding

Disclaimer: You all know the drill.

A/N: I have only one thing to say. Some people think that there is no way that Harry can understand language because he was a year old when he lost his hearing. But he does understand English because of his telepathic abilities. He can hear other people's thoughts. Think of it this way, a person that is mute can understand language. Harry's thoughts are trapped in his head. He can't hear any actual sounds and there for has no idea on how to talk. The reason that he was so shocked when Dumbledore started mind speaking with him is that he had no clue that someone could do that. He also knows how to read and he knows sign language. He taught himself. Just remember, Harry is a remarkable child and is extremely intelligent. Now that is done, on with the story. Just for the sake of the story I am making it to where only Severus and Albus can mindspeak with Harry. Severus can because he his Harry's father and Albus just because he is Albus Dumbledore.

Chapter Four: Explanations and Understanding

Severus sat there on the bed beside his son wondering where he should start. Harry first of all do you understand that magic is real? He asked not knowing how much he was going to have to explain.

Harry looked at the man in the long funny black robe with an exasperated look. Magic is not real.

Severus smiled at the boy. Ah, but it is real. As real as you and me.

Harry looked at the man straight in the eyes and folded his arms across his chest. Prove it!

Severus laughed, Harry was definitely his son. Ok, how about I make a bunny out of that pillow. How does that sound? He saw his sons eyes light up at that. Severus pointed his wand at the pillow and said the incantation, and with a light blue flash it turned into a small gray floppy eared bunny. He watched as Harry's eyes light up and he scooped up the furry animal into his small hands and rubbed his nose against its soft fur.

That was amazing! Harry said enthusiastically.

Severus sighed there was so much that he needed to tell Harry. Harry, now that you believe that magic is real you need to know that you are also a wizard. But there is something that I want you to remember while I tell some things tonight alright? he sat there and waited to see what his son was going to say to this part of the revelation.

Ok, I understand. Harry said and sat waiting patiently for him to finish what he needed to say.

First off I need you to always remember that not all wizards or witches are good. Some are really, really bad and they do terrible things to other people. When you were first born there was a bad wizard that was hurting a lot of people. Your Mom and Dad was worried that something would happen to you so they decided that you Mom would stay with there friends while your Dad tried to find ways to get rid of the bad wizard. He looked at Harry to make sure that he was still paying attention and was surprised to see that he was watching him intently waiting for him to keep going. When you Mom and you moved in with their friend they thought that they would be safe. But the bad wizard found out where you where living and came to your house and was going to hurt you and your Mom. Your Dad found out what was going to happen so he went and tried to get help. He didn't get there fast enough. When your Dad found you the bad wizard had killed you Mom and her friend. The bad wizard had tried to kill you too but for some reason he couldn't he tried to put a spell on you but it only gave you that scar on your forehead and it bounced back on him. And then he disappeared. He stopped there making sure that Harry understood all of that. Do you understand so far? He asked.

Harry nodded wide-eyed. Why didn't my Daddy take me home with him? Didn't he love me any more? Harry said his eyes filled with tears.

Severus's own tears started to fall down his cheeks. He gathered Harry up into his arms. Harry snuggled into his robes tears where streaming down his pale cheeks as well. Severus brushed away Harry's tears. Harry your Father loves you more than life itself, but he was afraid that if he took you home with him the bad wizards followers would come after you for getting rid of there master. So he and a couple other people thought that it would be safer for you to go and stay with your aunt and uncle until you were to come to school here when you turned eleven. But when your father found out that you where not being taken care of he wanted you to be with him. He stopped to see how Harry had taken this news.

Harry sat there for a couple of minutes before he realized who this man was.
You're my Daddy.