Chapter 25: The End of the Darkness

Disclaimer: I don't own a thing.

A/N: LAST CHAPTER!! Oh my I actually finished my first story. Thanks to all of you who have bared with me and my inability to update more than real life lets me. I hope that you all have enjoyed the story. Thanks to all of the reviewers and the non-reviewers who have stuck with the story. Let me know if you think that there needs to be an epilogue.

Words in Italics are Daylan's telepathy

Chapter 25: The End of the Darkness

It had been almost the end of the school term when Severus and Albus finally made their way back to the abandoned corridor to examine the portrait of the former founder.

Their visit had been enlightening to say the least.

They managed to verify that the portrait was that of Salazar Slytherin and he had been reawakened when Daylan had whispered to the snake in parseltongue.

Salazar's portrait had been in a forced sleep by a headmaster close to four hundred years before.

The long and arduous talk had revealed many of the half truths and misconceptions about Salazar. The most shocking revelation was that Daylan's eye color was distinct to Salazar Slytherin direct line of descendents because of the fey blood that had run through Salazar's wife.

Severus thought that there was more than that to it especially when he asked if Voldemort was one of his direct descendents and Salazar had scoffed at the idea. Salazar took pity on Severus when it was apparent that the man had been concerned that his son was related to the person that had killed his mother. He told the man to stop worrying and explained that Tom Riddle was a descendant of one of his sisters and did not have any fey blood in him, which as Salazar explained meant that he could be killed by normal means. What exactly that meant for them now Severus had no idea but he figured that between Albus and Salazar they would figure something out.

Severus had a feeling that there would be many, many more interesting conversations in the future with the snarky Founder.

His and Jocelyn's relationship had taken off after the night of confessions and there wasn't a day that went by that they weren't seen together and Severus couldn't imagine his and Daylan's life with out her in it. So he and Daylan had decided that they needed to have her there for them permanently and Severus proposed to her on Valentines Day. She had made him and Daylan the happiest wizards in the castle when she accepted.

They had planned for an early summer wedding and much to the happiness of her mother they had decided to expand his quarters in the castle instead of trying to find a house in Hogsmead.

Daylan was still adjusting to life away from the Dursely's and he hadn't anymore major set backs since the incident with the portrait, which for that Severus was grateful.

As for him, well if he could just finish marking these damned essays he would be happy.

Finally after four hours he had finished with all of his marking and now he could go and get something to eat and make sure that Daylan was asleep. Jocelyn had come in earlier and let him know that Daylan had eaten with her and Albus and she had put him to bed. Severus had never pictured himself as a family man but now he didn't think that he could ever go back to what he was before.

Gathering up his papers Severus headed for the door to his office when he suddenly felt in the pit of his stomach that something was horribly wrong. Quickening his pace he headed straight for his quarters.

Daylan was terrified.

A strange man had gotten into his home and had done something to Jocelyn. She wasn't answering him in his head like she usually did and his daddy was too far away. So much had happened so quickly and now he was scared.