Chapter 13: All in a Days Thoughts

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or any of his friends.

Chapter 13: All in a Days Thoughts

Albus Dumbledore stood looking out his window at a complete loss at what to make of the past several days events.

First Minerva's daughter Jocelyn shows up almost a week earlier than what she said in her response letter. And when she does show up it is in perfect time to rescue Daylan.

Who at the time was a wolf puppy running around the school trying to keep away from his father, for the simple reason that Daylan feared that his father was going to reject him for his unusual ability.

Albus shook his head slightly in amazement; Daylan was a remarkable child.

He had been especially surprised and a little skeptical at Severus's description of Daylan's flawless transformation in his chambers but when he had seen with his own eyes in his office it had been truly amazing. The child most likely started shifting into his animagus form as a type of defense mechanism, and from the way it looked he had started doing it shortly after he had been placed with the Dursley's. Albus let his chin hit his chest in a sad sigh.

At times like these he wished that Cornelius Fudge had never been elected to be the Minister of Magic. The man was too damn stubborn for his own good. It had been at his insistence that Daylan was to be sent to his relatives instead of letting him stay at the school. He had to talk to Severus at what they where going to tell the Minister when it became apparent that Harry Potter was missing from his relatives home.

He had an idea but wanted to make sure that Severus agreed with it.

Jocelyn's early arrival couldn't have happened at a more needed time. Daylan would need to get started on his schooling as soon as she was ready. The sooner that happened the better that it would be for everyone. Albus thought back to what she had told him about her operation that she had had to correct some of her hearing. He would have to look into that with Poppy and see if it would benefit Daylan.

Albus slowly stood and walked over to his window. He would give Severus the afternoon to get Daylan settled back down before he went down and told him his plan for the minister.

Severus carried Daylan back down to their quarters; the boy had fallen asleep in his arms while he had talked to Minerva and her daughter. His thoughts drifted back to the woman that he had met for the first time in Albus's office. While talking with her and Minerva she had seemed to be a very intelligent person and had taken instantly to Daylan. He knew that Daylan would benefit greatly from having her as a teacher. He wondered how he should go about telling her about Daylan's alter identity.

Daylan started stirring in his sleep after Severus had laid him down on his bed. He brushed his hand gently over his son's forehead brushing the strand of raven hair away from the offending scar. They needed to cover it up some how, but he wasn't sure what would work. A rather simple idea popped into his head. He silently swept from his room and went to the fireplace. He threw in a pinch of floo powder and called for Minerva. Several seconds went by before her head popped into the fireplace.

"Is something the matter Severus?" Minerva asked worriedly.

Severus chuckled. "Actually I have come to ask you a rather strange question that I hope that you will not smack me for." He replied.

Minerva glanced at the man in front of her imploringly. "And what would that question be?"

"Would you happen to have any of that muggle liquid makeup that you would use on your face?" Severus asked unsure if he was describing the stuff correctly. He had only seen Lily using it once or twice but hadn't really paid that much attention to it.

Minerva sat thinking for a few seconds before she answered. "I think that I do but if not I am sure that Jocelyn would. May I ask why you would need it?"

"I would rather not say over the floo but if you could find it would you please bring it down to my rooms." Severus asked hoping that his idea would work. He would only know when it was tried. If not then they may have to resort to more drastic measures. He had thought about his son being Harry Potter for a while and how he would deal with that knowledge. He had talked it over with Albus a few days before and had decided that until Daylan was fully adjusted with Severus and caught up with his studies he would not let anyone else know the truth. But when it came time for Daylan to start Hogwarts he would be enrolled as Harry Potter.

They wouldn't hide that fact that Severus was Daylan's father and hopefully it wouldn't cause a big stir in the news. But he knew that as soon as it hit the Prophet that Harry Potter wasn't truly a Potter there would be a huge scandal that paper would make up. It sickened his to think of what would happen but hopefully by that time they will have all been ready for the backlash.

Severus then thought of what would happen when the Ministry realized that Harry Potter was not longer living with his relatives. He supposed that would be another thing that he and Albus needed to sit down and figure out.

He knew that there was no way that they could let the Ministry know that Daylan Snape was actually Harry Potter. He would loose his son for sure.

Severus stood and walked over to his kitchen sink and filled the teakettle with water. He needed a cup of hot strong tea to clear his head.

Shortly after filling cup with his favorite tea he heard someone knocking on his door. He quickly walked over and opened it revealing a very flushed Jocelyn McGonagall.

Severus realized that it was time to tell Jocelyn exactly who his son had been before he became Daylan Snape.